question

Mark Broadhead avatar image
Mark Broadhead asked Mark Broadhead commented

Get page count of successfully transmitted fax pages in failed fax

How can I determine how many fax pages were successfully transmitted before the receiver hung up?

I sent a fax but the recipient has configured their fax machine to receive fewer pages than I sent.

Using the Get Message API, the message has:
messageStatus: "SendingFailed"
faxPageCount: the size of the original fax, not the number of pages successfully transmitted.

rest apifax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

I don't think that metric is reported. Let me check with the team to see if it can be improved.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mark Broadhead avatar image
Mark Broadhead answered Mark Broadhead commented

@Phong Vu Thank you so much. This is a critical feature for me to be able to use this service.

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Meanwhile, I'm appreciated if you post this as a request to the new idea portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Broadhead avatar image Mark Broadhead Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Done. https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-10139

1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys