question

chudev 77 avatar image
chudev 77 asked Lynda RABIAI commented

SMS API with Microsoft Power Automate

I am trying to using the SMS API with Microsoft Power Automate. I am able to get the API to send an SMS to my cellphone in Postman, but having a lots of problem getting it to work after I import it as a custom connector in Power Automate. I am keep getting Unsupported grant type. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Lynda RABIAI commented

I am sure that the problem is about authentication. I am not familiar with MS power automate so I cannot help you in that part. But if you can share the type of your RC SMS application auth flow (code flow or JWT flow) and how do you authenticate a user to get the access token for calling the /sms API then I maybe able to say what could be wrong.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chudev 77 avatar image chudev 77 commented ·

I downloaded the Postman collection from Github, which is from the instructions in the RC developer/API guide.

I used, POST Get access token- by personal JWT, under Authorization Flows dropdown.

This is a JWT flow. In Postman, I use:

Post: https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token

Authorization type is Basic Auth

Username: My client_ID

Password: My client_secret

Hope the image help. Thanks.

rcpmgettoken.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ chudev 77 commented ·

But you wrote that you don't have problem with Postman.

I am able to get the API to send an SMS to my cellphone in Postman, but having a lots of problem getting it to work after I import it as a custom connector in Power Automate

So the MS Power automate uses Postman?

0 Likes 0 ·
chudev 77 avatar image chudev 77 Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I think Power Automate doesn't like JWT, so I create a new SMS app in RC dev environment using OAuth2.0 w/refresh token. Thank you for your help!

-1 Like -1 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys