question

connor-blakely avatar image
connor-blakely asked Byrne Reese edited

Received "Maintenance Mode" error when trying to authenticate

The following is a response I am currently receiving from an API call. (Production)

[errorCode] => MaintenanceMode ( [errorCode] => CMN-211 )

[message] => Service is overloaded, please retry later

As far as I can tell I am not even receiving an access token.

Currently, I run automated calls every morning to retrieve the previous days call log data for internal storage. This response caused these automated calls to fail over the weekend. This can easily be resolved with some manual work on my end, however, I would like to know the reason behind this errorCode.

Is this actually from RingCentral maintenance? If so, should I be receiving an email or some form of notification that I am unaware of? If so, do you have a status page one would be able to go to and view such a status?

If this is not from maintenance, is this due to the way I might be calling the API and/or an error on my end? (Too many bad calls, bad credentials, etc)

Thanks,

Connor

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered
Hi Connor.

Usually this error code along with HTTP 503 status can be returned when traffic is switched between our datacenters. It usually can happen at night time when API traffic is minimal and doesn't last longer than 10-15 seconds. In case of such error API also returns Retry-After HTTP header which indicates when client should retry the original request.

If you indicate your application name or account number and time when you saw this error I will try to find exact reason. 

Our service works 24/7 but for API requests such short periods of unavailability for some customer accounts are possible. And it is not always possible to predict them. We are now working on finding a way to eliminate or minimize such delays.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

connor-blakely avatar image
connor-blakely answered
Hey Anton, 

Thanks for the information. 

At this time I do not need you to look into this further, but thanks for offering. I will first attempt to better account for this on my end. 

Thanks,
Connor
1 |3000

benjamin-dean avatar image
benjamin-dean answered
Thank you Connor and Anton. :)
1 |3000

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Even sometimes we face this issue and it is automatically resolved after 15 to 20 seconds of time. It can happen for many reasons like maintenance as you said or even high traffic and services not accessible for that time. Whatever be the reason you cannot predict so, better you can ask the developer support team for help via email or submitting a support ticket. You need to provide your account details for them to investigate the exact reason. You can also create a support ticket regarding the same.

Best of luck

1 |3000

Byrne Reese avatar image
Byrne Reese answered

I believe this thread will help you: https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/293/receiving-a-cmn-211-http-503-obtaining-an-oauth-to.html

In short - this error can sometimes occur by posting to the wrong URL. Our authentication URLs do not have a version number in them. Compare these two:

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys