question

Thomas Rawl avatar image
Thomas Rawl asked Becky-Community_Manager edited

My Plantronics Voyager 5200/Explorer 500 are Auto Answering Calls on a Galaxy S10. How can I disable/troubleshoot?

I've installed the PLT Hub application and disabled auto answer. It is still happening ONLY in the RingCentral application. Regular cell phone calls do not auto answer. I even disabled all of the "sensors" on the 5200 and it sill answers calls. It will even answer a new call and disconnect a current call.

Thank you!

hardware
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Greg Vermilion avatar image Greg Vermilion commented ·

Wondering if the resolution for this can be posted here. I have a user experiencing the same thing.

1 Like 1 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello @Thomas Rawl. We want to know more. I would highly suggest opening a case HERE, and our phone support will investigate it further. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Thomas Rawl avatar image
Thomas Rawl answered

I was only able to "fix" the issue by getting a new 5200. Other Plantronics headsets (Explorer 500, Marque 2, M90, etc...) did not exhibit this behavior. Even after a phone upgrade this particular 5200 continued to auto answer. I borrowed a few other 5200's and none of them behaved the same way. I purchased a new one and it works as expected. I will note, the original headset was new, not a refurb, and was about 6 months old when we moved to RingCentral. This issue did NOT occur before installing the RingCentral app and only occurred with RingCentral calls, not cellular calls.

Good luck!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app