question

Alexandre Beauclair avatar image
Alexandre Beauclair asked ·

Create extension/phone number from the API

Hi,

So I can already use the API to create a new user in my Sandbox environment successfully, and assign a currently unassigned extension/phone number to that user.

Let's say then, that I run out of unassigned extensions. Is there a way to "buy" or add a new extension/phone number from the API? There is a "Create Extension" API endpoint, which I assume would do what I need? Will it automatically update the billing cycle with the new extension added to it?

apiextension apibillingautomation
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered ·

The number of user extensions in an account limited by the account type. Currently, a sandbox account can have max 4 user extensions. A production account under the "Essentials" plan can have max 10 user extensions. Other the production account plans have unlimited number of user extensions.

When your account reaches the max limit, you cannot create new user extensions anymore from both service web and via API.

if you need to add more users after reaching the max limit:

1. For production account, you can contact your RingCentral account manger.

2. For a sandbox account which is associated with your production account, you can send a support request to devsupport@ringcentral.com

2 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

In our production environment, we currently have a number of Office Licenses. I assume the max number of extensions is limited by the amount of licenses (1 extension per license), correct?

I'm a little confused when you say "When your account reaches the max limit, you cannot create new user extensions anymore from both service web and via API", especially the part about not being able to create additional extensions from the service web.
I seem to be able to use the admin panel to buy additional licenses, which in turn let me create new extensions, right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Alexandre Beauclair ·

Let me move your question to Customer community so they can help better with this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app