question

Shelby Tolliver avatar image
Shelby Tolliver asked jenn-community-moderator edited

Webhooks stopped working

Hi. We've stopped receiving webhooks in our production account as of late last night (4/20/2021). Subscription is active and current.

Thanks for any assistance on this.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

My webhook notifications work well on production. Can you double check the address, or delete and create a new one to check?

10 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Shelby Tolliver avatar image Shelby Tolliver commented ·

Phong,

No changes on our end. I'm using the https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Subscriptions/createSubscription user interface to create the new subscription. I've successfully removed the old but having trouble getting the "createSubscription" to work. Am currently getting a "WebHook server response is invalid" SUB-525 error. It may have to do with the value I'm specifiying for "verificationToken". What value should be supplied for that parameter?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Shelby Tolliver avatar image Shelby Tolliver Shelby Tolliver commented ·

Nevermind Phong. I "fat fingered" our server address. The new subscription has been created. Will check again for events and report back. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Shelby Tolliver avatar image Shelby Tolliver Shelby Tolliver commented ·

Ok. Webhooks still not delivering to our production account (w/new subscription). What to check next?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Shelby Tolliver commented ·

Can you test if it works for your local address using e.g. ngrok? Where, btw do you run your code? Is that on AWS and is behind an AWS Load Balancer etc.?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Aron Hardy Bardsley avatar image
Aron Hardy Bardsley answered

Hi All - our webhooks stopped working at the same time. I am about to try and re-create the subscription. I will update here with any progress in testing.

1 |3000

Devendra Laulkar avatar image
Devendra Laulkar answered

Same here - Webhooks are not working for us as well

1 |3000

Roman Lunin avatar image
Roman Lunin answered Roman Lunin commented

Same for us - webhook doesn't work! Yet it has status Active, received SMS appear in RingCentral console but server access logs prove the hook was never triggered.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Can you read your subscription and double check if it is active. If it is active and you cannot receive event, can you delete it and recreate a new one to verify the problem? So far, all my webhooks subscriptions work well.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys