question

Shawn Holderfield avatar image
Shawn Holderfield asked Welcome answered

Setting up site manager

How can I create a user that has the ability to check voicemails and view call logs of all users that belong to a site?

call logsuser hours
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Welcome avatar image
Welcome answered

in the Admin Portal go to Users > click on the user you want to be a manager > User Details > Settings & Permissions > Roles > Edit

Select Role: Manager.
Select domain: Sites
Select which sites that user extension will manage.

For the manager to check voicemails they need to log in the admin portal > Users > click on the Msg column displaying how many voicemails a user ext. has. For example it could say 2/3 meaning 2 unread voicemails from a total of 3 voicemails received. If it says 0/0 you won't be able to click it, because there are no voicemails to check. Before a Manager can listen to the voicemails they will need to enter the password for the given extension. This means that the Manager must know the passwords for all the user extensions they manage. If this is not practical for you, here is an alternative:
Instead of the manager checking the voicemails in the admin portal, you could set the manager to receive an email notification + mp3 attachment each time somebody receives a voicemail.

In terms of checking call logs, the manager has 2 options:

- Admin Portal > Reports > Call logs
or
- Admin Portal > Reports > Analytics
In most cases Analytics is better in terms of flexibility and user interface

I answered to the best of my abilities :D Comment if you have any related questions and I'll try to help.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app