question

michael-linehan avatar image
michael-linehan asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Ring central phone app no longer able to pick up queue calls for users away from desk

Opened a ticket and this is the response. If your software update breaks a critical feature, would you consider this an acceptable response? This worked flawlessly for years.

Hello, The issue that you have reported in this ticket is related to a Known Issue we currently have in our system. At this point, we will be placing this case into a PKI Hold status. PKI stands for Product Known Issue. This means that we are investigating it as a bug on our side and there is no currently available ETR when it will be resolved. We have reproduced the issue and are working on resolving it. You will not receive much in the way of correspondence while they resolve this issue, however you will be notified when the issue is fixed. Tier 2 Support

phone
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Paul Alexander avatar image Paul Alexander commented ·

if you use plantronics hub , go to help tab-then got to supoort . look for dropdown tab troubleshooting assistance, - then make sure the{ troubleshooting mode is turned off.} this helped me clear up my with the headset buttons not working. when it is ON it dis-ables some of the device settings.

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Paul Alexander commented ·

Thanks for sharing this, Paul!

Are any of you folks using the Plantronics Hub and can test this solution out?

0 Likes 0 ·
billj11804 avatar image billj11804 commented ·

I also reported this problem last week (ticket # 13182965).

Here is my ticket dated 7/15/21:

"Something has changed at Ringcentral maybe in the last 5 days or so. We have not changed any settings in our users or phone setup. We use Polycom VVX 411's in our office. We have presence setup on some of the users, so if they are not at their desk and their phone rings, another use can pickup the call from their own phone. This has worked fine up until about 5 or so days ago. It still works if a customer calls a user's direct extension... another user can pickup the call. However, if a customer calls a queue, and the phone rings to a user's desk (and that user is not there), another user cannot pickup the call. When you press the button on the Polycom VVX 411 phone to pickup that user's call, it just does a half pause and doesn't answer it. The original user's phone continues to ring. Again, this use to work a week ago. Something changed at RingCentral. It is annoying to have to let the original users phone ring for 20 sec before the call goes to the next user in the queue list. It should function like it use to last week."

As of today, I have not received a response...

I assume others have queues setup and would like to answer other users' rings when they are temporarily not at their desks. This is a bugger especially when you have "sequential" queue routing set for a queue.

0 Likes 0 ·
kmcelmury avatar image kmcelmury commented ·

Our users have also been experiencing the same thing for the past 5 days or so. We also are using Polycom VVX411 phones. Was on the phone with RingCentral for an hour today and they claim they have no knowledge of this happening to other clients and are saying it is a licensing issue since we have a Standard license and call monitoring is not part of that license. Even though everything has been working fine for the past 2 years. I have a call into our account manager now to try to get to the bottom of this. (Ticket #13212547)

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ kmcelmury commented ·

@michael-linehan @billj @kmcelmury Thanks for sharing this information.
Bill has shared his ticket number here, but I would ask that if you have a ticket, please share it with us so we can connect your issues with our product team.
If you do not have a ticket, please create one and share it here or via our Community Support inbox so that we can link your issues and, again, share it with our product team.

Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·
kmcelmury avatar image kmcelmury kmcelmury commented ·

Problem has been solved. Apparently RingCentral has added a feature and more security to the call queues. There is now a Pickup Settings & Members area under the Users where you will need to add who can pickup calls from the call queue after a certain amount of time which is under the Alert Settings. Once members are added to this it will reboot their phone and add a Presence button labeled as that call queue. After the set amount of time in the alert settings has expired then that button will light and those members can pick up the call. Would have been nice to know this ahead of time since we have over 30 call queues that were affected by this and will need members added to every queue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ kmcelmury commented ·

@kmcelmury Agreed! Thanks for sharing this info here with the rest of the folks in the thread.
I'll follow up with the product team to make sure they share these updates more visibly so we don't run into this issue again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeremy Carlson avatar image Jeremy Carlson commented ·

Also broken on our Yealink phones. Totally unacceptable response from RingCentral.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Jeremy Carlson commented ·

@Jeremy Carlson Do you have a case open? I can bring more attention to the issue if you've used the channels that create more visibility.
Please create a case and leave your case number here or shoot us an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

Thanks to @kmcelmury for this update - posting here for visibility:
RingCentral has added a feature and more security to the call queues. There is now a Pickup Settings & Members area under the Users where you will need to add who can pick up calls from the call queue after a certain amount of time which is under the Alert Settings. Once members are added to this it will reboot their phone and add a Presence button labeled as that call queue. After the set amount of time in the alert settings has expired then that button will light and those members can pick up the call.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

billj11804 avatar image billj11804 commented ·

This does work. However, it would be nice if they added a smaller amount of time to activate. Right now, 10 seconds is the least amount of time. If you know your neighbor went to the bathroom, it would be nice to be able to pickup after 2 seconds and not have to wait 10 seconds to pickup. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ billj11804 commented ·

Glad to hear this Bill - I'll share this feedback with our product team, as I am in conversation with them about this right now.
Keep us in the loop if we can help further!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app