I want to point out some design flaws w/ the app in case RC is listening:
1. Message icon/feature
- uses the standard text icon, yet it's not for texting
- texting is found under phone, always confusing because the text icon is front and center, yet it's not for texting
2. Meetings are named Video
- Why labeled Video? what if I'm starting a meeting that is not a video meeting, audio only or screen share? It took me a while to figure out that I click the Video button even when video is not involved. It still feels wrong to click Video for a screen share.
-- just rename this icon Meetings?
- Join a meeting - why is my personal Meeting not defaulted? I always have to choose it
3. Messaging feature itself
- stick to your core functions. We use Slack for group communications
- Tasks/Calendar - ditto above, stick to core functions. I'll use Outlook for task and calendar
It feels like the attempt to create a broader application dilutes the functionality of the core services, phone and text. RC Phone, despite it's flaws, was a better application.