question

Kelly Enser avatar image
Kelly Enser asked Mike Stowe commented

Can you bulk delete text messages?

Is there a way to bulk delete text messages?

In the old windows app, you could select multiple threads and delete them all at once. Now you have to go through and delete one by one. I send/receive hundreds of texts per day so it takes a lot of time to clean out my inbox.

sms and text messaging
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Kelly Enser, in the new RingCentral App, there is no option to delete bulk SMS. Please submit a feature request here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kelly Enser avatar image Kelly Enser commented ·

Thanks! I just voted for the numerous requests for this in the Feature request.

In the meantime, has anyone figured out a work around? Maybe something like zapier?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Kelly Enser commented ·

Thanks for voting! We will raise this feature to the Product Team.

0 Likes 0 ·
whalen avatar image whalen commented ·

Hooray! I have to tell my client that his 95 voicemails will have to be deleted one by one!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ whalen commented ·

You may ask your client to log in on the online portal instead. The option to delete multiple voicemails is available there. Here's a KB article on how to check voicemails in the online account. https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Checking-voicemail-Online-Account.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Kelly Enser avatar image Kelly Enser commented ·

The online portal only seems to have the option for voicemails, not texts.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Kelly Enser commented ·

That's right. SMS is only available in the app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Credentialing Dept avatar image Credentialing Dept commented ·

More than 2 years later and still no solution. I guess user requests are secondary to the "roadmap".

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ Credentialing Dept commented ·

Nothing that is built in. However, you can use the Message Store APIs to delete messages or conversations. I know it may not be what you are looking for, but wanted to provide the solution we do have available today - https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Message-Store/deleteMessage

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app