question

Erik Brown avatar image
Erik Brown asked mary-community-moderator commented

delay when clicking to place or answer a call

Hello. When I try to place a call, it takes 15-20 seconds for anything to happen. It's like it doesn't register any clicks. It doesn't matter if I try to place the call from call history or manually typing the number (typing is fine) and clicking the call button. When an inbound call comes, I click the icon to answer the call and it takes 15-20 seconds to register. The call almost always goes to voicemail because it takes so long.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app several times and nothing seems to help. This is my first time using RingCentral. Not fun so far, please help :(

phone
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Erik Brown Please submit a Tech Support Case so your app can be checked.

0 Likes 0 ·
Erik Brown avatar image Erik Brown mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi! THank you for getting back to me so quickly. I will file a ticket. Have a nice day.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Erik Brown commented ·

You're welcome! Have a nice day, too.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lisa Focaccia avatar image Lisa Focaccia commented ·

hello @Erik Brown, I am having the same issue. Did you ever get this resolved?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Erik Brown avatar image
Erik Brown answered mary-community-moderator commented

@Lisa Focaccia yes, I figured it out. It all came down to Jabra's software. Once I uninstalled it, stopped using their dongle and just connected my headset through the native Bluetooth connection on my laptop it worked fine. Hope this helps out!

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Lisa Focaccia avatar image Lisa Focaccia commented ·

thank you! it seems my IT department also found my issue. We updated my audio drivers and mine is working now as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Erik Brown Thanks for sharing this!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app