question

Khai Nguyen avatar image
Khai Nguyen asked Khai Nguyen commented

How to enable A2PSmsSender feature for my extension

Hello there,

I im building up the APIs for My company We just recently faced a problem that seems to need your help.

We are working to build a feature that uses Java API to send the High Volume SMS. We planed to using 2 bellow numbers:

(657)XXX6195 and (408) XXX-4000

We did submitted the form and contacted support team, they approved us but we still not able to send the HV SMS due exception bellow

{"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid.","errors":[{"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid."}]}

I query the features list and these 2 number don't have the feature A2PSmsSender as this docs required https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/messaging/sms/high-volume/toll-free-sms-vs-local-numbers#java

Im login to your Campaign app https://www.sms-campaigns.com/login then it show up my number still "Enhanced Business SMS" instead of High Volume SMS number

Can you guys know how to add this feature "A2PSmsSender" to my extensions to avoid Error "Parameter [from] value is invalid.","errors""

I submitted ticket key for a white but no-one answer me yet. My case number is: 17419555

high-volume sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Khai Nguyen commented

As you wrote that you have submitted the form and it got approved, I assume that it is the TCR registration form. That process does not include high volume SMS provision. Please use this form to submit your request HV SMS provisioning for those numbers.

7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Khai Nguyen avatar image Khai Nguyen commented ·

Thanks for your response. We did submited 2 time for 2 number as bellow:

+16573346195 & +14088774000

1676430695094.png

The problem is that we are using JAVA JDK to send out the text but alway got the error

"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid.

Im checked out and 2 above number don't have the feature "A2PSmsSender" we contact dev team but there are no update from the team.

Can you please help me to check it out?

0 Likes 0 ·
1676430695094.png (74.1 KiB)
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Khai Nguyen commented ·

I am checking with the team to see the status your requests. Meanwhile, have you got the TCR approval yet? That process normally takes up to 1-2 weeks during this time. And the HV SMS number provision can only happen after the TCR campaign is approved for your account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

They found that the TCR you submitted before went to the standard SMS. Unfortunately, there is no clear instruction in the form to notify if a request is for standard SMS or HV SMS so it goes to the default.

They ask now if you resubmit the TCR form and name the .pdf as follows, then they will reprocess the TCR registration before they can provision the HV SMS numbers.

RingCentral_TCR_<Your Company Name>_HVSMS.pdf

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Khai Nguyen avatar image
Khai Nguyen answered Khai Nguyen commented

Hello there,

My TCR form has been approved but im still not able to call the API to send HV SMS

status code: 400

Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2023 05:11:24 GMT
Content-Type: application/json
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
RCRequestId: 24c7ac6c-d2a7-11ed-bfa4-005056bb7e80
X-Rate-Limit-Group: light
X-Rate-Limit-Limit: 50
X-Rate-Limit-Remaining: 48
X-Rate-Limit-Window: 60
RoutingKey: SJC01P17
CF-Cache-Status: DYNAMIC
Set-Cookie: __cf_bm=NGbEtXI879r_n_50NDodIB9SuyXx72sE2wMnLWBNcE0-1680585084-0-AeGHfrO/k/Zxp0KdZZ0kxdZv1Neg9JhfoEYrPCAx/wrneYEb3WiuaFYWgtzFNgBwMoigoMQVqa7sxLID7DdvXn0=; path=/; expires=Tue, 04-Apr-23 05:41:24 GMT; domain=.platform.ringcentral.com; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None
Server: cloudflare
CF-RAY: 7b270ce4efe33e44-SIN

{"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid.","errors":[{"errorCode":"CMN-101","message":"Parameter [from] value is invalid."}]}

HTTP Request
============
HTTP POST https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/a2p-sms/batches

Authorization: Bearer U0pDMDFQMTdQQVMwMHxBQUEyYmQ0a3dMU2UtZkZmLVRudTFnakNnTmxCdG1JTHNILUJKNHZhRVZKMGRrcWl2c2NVek4ydDZHOVRGallnTDNvNE5yYVdIajVvWkR6MGlmMkVaWHVZSzkwTDY1Z1FSejRTTm1xd2wwMHh6dXo4d0FidmxXZ3pWSEVpNU1xdzRnZ3R1NEIwMWZLT0gxM01mZzFya3VfZ2M4dVl1Q1M2MHVyOW00R2VVakNCWmFlY091UFJQSHVDWkRSYXhiVFN5UnVJWTNXNk9oRXxEWV9uQWd8Vmtzd2NpMXQ0cGppTHpIWnNkaHM3Z3xBUXxBQXxBQUFBQUxzbnd3OA
X-User-Agent: RC-JAVA-SDK Java 1.8.0_221 Mac OS X

This happened on both of numbers: (657)XXX6195 and (408) XXX-4000

This is my code
    CreateSMSMessageBatchRequest parameters = new CreateSMSMessageBatchRequest();
    parameters.from = RC_USERNAME;
    parameters.text = "Hello Team, This is HV SMS";
    String[] numbers = new String[] {RECIPIENT_NUMBER, "+14243325470"};
    parameters.messages = new MessageCreateRequest[numbers.length];
    for (int i=0; i<numbers.length; i++) {
      MessageCreateRequest m = new MessageCreateRequest();
      m.to = new String[] {numbers[i]};
      parameters.messages[i] = m;
    }

Im using ringcentra-java v2.4 here https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-java">https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-java

Can you help me to check it out? I did find aground but could not find any solution for this.

10 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I check your numbers and found that they are not provisioned for HV SMS. You can double check using the API to read the number features.

public void read_extension_phone_number() throws RestException, IOException{
      var resp =  restClient.restapi().account().extension().phonenumber().get();
      for (var record : resp.records) {
            for(var feature : record.features)
            {
              if (feature.equalsIgnoreCase("A2PSmsSender"))
              {
                // this number is a HV SMS number.
              }
            }
        }
    }

Then you have to send a request for HV SMS provisioning. Make sure that your TCR registration is for HV SMS as I wrote earlier.

0 Likes 0 ·
Khai Nguyen avatar image Khai Nguyen Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

That is correct. I used this code and could not found the A2PSmsSender feature. Im submitting the form now. If i need 2 number, that mean i have to submit 2 time?

I have a question please correct me if im wrong:

- TCR form is for all carrier out there not blocking us when sending a lot of SMS out and the from in this link is the way to enable A2PSmsSender feature? Because i have a notification that our TCR form has been approved but my 2 phone number could not send HV SMS yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Khai Nguyen commented ·

Sorry for the delay response.

TCR for standard SMS is different from TCR for HV SMS. If I remember correctly, the TCR for HV SMS would cover also standard SMS but not the other way around.

And beside the TCR, your account must have a campaign id too. The campaign id is required by all mobile carriers to make sure messages sent from your account would match with the criteria and specifics you provided in the campaign id request.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys