question

monte-mcdonald avatar image
monte-mcdonald asked Phong Vu answered

High Volume SMS fails to send with no failed reason

I tried to send a test messages to a set of 6 phone numbers and they all failed with no reason. How do I troubleshoot the issue?

screenshot-2021-05-05-125549.png

high-volume sms
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

Here is the current list of HV SMS failure error code. If we don't get the error code from a mobile carrier or from our SMS Gateway, then we just don't have the reason. We are still working on improving the service and will update the list to cover more failure reasons.

Meanwhile, if you are using the RingCentral Labs High Volume SMS App, can you post a feedback using the feedback form from the app and mention this issue in the description. I will try to investigate it.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

monte-mcdonald avatar image monte-mcdonald commented ·

@Phong Vu - I posted the issue to the Github issues (linked from the app). Any updates?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ monte-mcdonald commented ·

Hi Monte, this is not a programming issue so reporting to the GutHub issue does not help. Please send me the feedback so I can get your account id to investigate. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Hi Monte,

Thanks for sending the feedback! I check your batch and found that all the recipient numbers were missing the country code. Just add 1 or +1 to your recipient numbers.

I will report this to the dev team to improve the error code/reason too.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys