question

Stephen Mitchell avatar image
Stephen Mitchell asked Brandi Waldman commented

TCR SMS

We don't use SMS for anything but texting our store managers if they are having an issue that requires them to call us back for support. We have never texted a customer, and have no mechanism to ever send SMS campaigns. Anything to do with marketing SMS/Email is 100% outsourced third-party for them to send and is managed on their own hosted systems. I'm struggling with understanding how I am supposed to fill out a form that is not applicable to our business and yet keep SMS to our internal employees.

sms and text messaging
10 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Stephen Mitchell I am looking into this on behalf of another customer.
Please give me some time to source an answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Beth Hager avatar image Beth Hager Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Our business is in the same boat. What do we do? We only text between staff and never outside. I don't even know how we would do that. Please advise.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Stowe avatar image Mike Stowe ♦♦ Beth Hager commented ·

If you are able to attend we will be hosting a webinar today at 10am PST where we will be discussing this specific use case and how to register.

https://go.ringcentral.com/overview-and-qa-for-tcr-registration-registration.html

Unfortunately, registration is still required, but there is a conversational campaign type you can select, and since it is conversational the level of consent required is significantly lower - as simple as them messaging you first, or you asking them if you can send them messages (verbally or in writing) with no logging requirement. Note if you are sending to numbers/ devices owned by your business, your business may be able to provide consent (not legal advice).

As a reminder, examples of how you would use opt-in, out, and help keywords and messages still need to be provided as part of your TCR registration.

Step by step instructions for registering a conversational use case can be found here: https://vimeo.com/800943217/8d31b26599

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app