question

Megan Edson avatar image
Megan Edson asked jennifer-kammer commented

Super small business, is 10DLC needed?

We don't do large texts or use short code. Really there is no way for a mobile company to know we are a business, so why do we have to register? We have 1 line and 1 person using the system.

sms and text messaging
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

greg-hayslett avatar image greg-hayslett commented ·

Ok, so similar situation here. I've gotten to the part in the process where I have to explain how we're "obtaining consent" from our customers. But, here's the thing... We are NOT using SMS for anything other than communication [duh, I guess]. We aren't actually doing any marketing or informative campaigns, we're just using it to say things like "it looks like you're not on the meeting yet, did you need to reschedule" or "I'm almost to the construction site, where should I meet you?"

We do not have a natural moment when we'd say to a new client "do you consent to receive SMS messages from us during the course of our project." Also, it would be pretty inappropriate to send a text like; "I'm sorry to hear that your wife is sick and you need to delay the project, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Please reply STOP if you would no longer like to receive SMS".

Is there anyone that can tell me what is going on?! Do I REALLY have to create a campaign? If so, how are y'all "obtaining consent?"

1 Like 1 ·
jennifer-kammer avatar image jennifer-kammer greg-hayslett commented ·

yeah and I keep trying to register a campaign for our conversational texts and it just gets rejected. I'm also in construction and yeah people would just rather we text them then call or email. I agree there is real written way to ask them for consent, when they give us their number and ask us to text them!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Mike Stowe avatar image
Mike Stowe answered

Unfortunately yes, TCR registration is required regardless of business size or how you will be using SMS. The good news is that you will likely qualify for the low-volume conversational (UCaaS) campaign type, this will reduce the monthly fee to $1.50 per month and will cover all of your numbers. Please note the $4 brand registration (application fee) and $15 campaign vetting (application fee) still apply.

Note TCR registration is not required if your business is not currently using SMS, and not registering for TCR will not have any impact on any services outside of SMS.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app