question

Josh Fort avatar image
Josh Fort asked Josh Fort commented

Why can't we collapse the message panel anymore?

We used to be able to collapse the message panel. Now, whether folder view is on or off, the message panel is fixed. That real estate is VERY valuable, especially in work from home setups. Can we bring back the old collapsable message panel?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Welcome avatar image
Welcome answered Josh Fort commented

If I remember correctly the message panel on the left wasn't fully collapsable. But with the previous version you could click and drag it to make it smaller, than the minimal size now?

There is a "Show details" on the right which might take up some space, but I am guessing you have that collapsed..

In the very top left corner you also have File, Edit, View, Help. If you click on View you could "Zoom out" to make everything slightly smaller. Might be a decent workaround for the time being.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Josh Fort avatar image Josh Fort commented ·

Perhaps, though I'm fairly confident that the panel with names was indeed collapsable if you clicked on the "Message" icon.

I traveled a fair amount this year and whenever I used my tablet as a second monitor I would make use of the feature to optimize space on the smaller screen.

0 Likes 0 ·
Welcome 01 avatar image Welcome 01 Josh Fort commented ·

RC is going to make it "more" collapsible soon, although I am not sure it would be fully collapsible. We'll have to see if it has enough real estate for your liking :D

1 Like 1 ·
Josh Fort avatar image Josh Fort Welcome 01 commented ·

Wonderful! Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app