question

Dan avatar image
Dan asked joe-weber172 answered

Message "Switch call to this device" keeps popping up in the desktop app

Account type: US

Desktop version: 9.4.3-29474

I started having this issue in the last week. After a call ends, I get a green button in the RingCentral for Windows desktop application asking if I want to switch call to this device.

There isn't another active call. If I click the "Switch" button, it tries to perform the action but I just encounter dead air. The phone number listed in the popup changes over time (often, it's the number from my last call).

If I do nothing, the green button will often disappear on it's own.

Anyone else encounter this? Suggested solutions?

P.S. Already rebooted, so that isn't a solution. ;-)

phone
11 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

andrew2014 avatar image andrew2014 commented ·
This has happened to me recently as well.  I think it's a bug with the 9.4.3 rollout.
1 Like 1 ·
shannon-maggs2239 avatar image shannon-maggs2239 commented ·
Same here.  Started when I upgraded.  
1 Like 1 ·
Dan avatar image Dan commented ·
Case created (06858341) and logs uploaded.
1 Like 1 ·
h20 avatar image h20 commented ·
I was told by support that this was because of how we use the RC smartphone app (we had too many users). I tried to insist it was a bug, but got the brush off. GTK that it's not just us.
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 h20 commented ·
Sorry that happened, H20 :( It is definitely something we are looking into!
0 Likes 0 ·
reinkemeyer avatar image reinkemeyer commented ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Always says I have an active call. Even when no call is active, RC says "Switch call to this device".  When clicked, neither "Cancel " or "Switch" have any affect and it still says I have an active call.
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Everyone, I wanted to follow up with all of you to see if you're still having this issue?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sherri-rodriguez10861 avatar image
sherri-rodriguez10861 answered saadetswift16514 commented
We updated to a newer version of the RC app 10.2 for this user today and will be monitoring the behavior. 
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Keep me posted!
0 Likes 0 ·
customer-service123456789 avatar image
customer-service123456789 answered
I have a user that keeps getting this pop up after he hangs up a call... what was the fix?

1 |3000

sherri-rodriguez10861 avatar image
sherri-rodriguez10861 answered
What version of the software are they on? We haven't had the issue since updating to the latest version I believe. I will double check with the person who was lead on that issue. She is out until Monday. 
1 |3000

Dan avatar image
Dan answered
FWIW, this issue seems to popup randomly for me (started again a few days ago), even when running the latest version of the software.

1 |3000

michael-hernandez12644 avatar image
michael-hernandez12644 answered
Still having this issue after updating to 10.2.1

1 |3000

daniel-chu12708 avatar image
daniel-chu12708 answered
I have a user under my account having this same issue using the latest RC Phone app version 10.2.1.31914.  I have opened a ticket with RC support as well.
1 |3000

Frank Caprio avatar image
Frank Caprio answered mary-community-moderator commented

I am having the same issue here as well, very frequently with one user. Anyone have a solution> Opening a ticket leads to nowhere.

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Frank, have you tried to uninstall/reinstall your app?

0 Likes 0 ·
joe-weber172 avatar image
joe-weber172 answered

This happened to me too and with ZERO support from RingCentral I figured it out. Log into your RingCentral, Go to Reports, Call Log.

You'll see the call in question is shown as "In-Progress." Check the box next to it and click the RESET Button at the top. Should solve it.

*Special shoutout to RingCentral for taking 10mins to get to a person and then disconnecting/dropping the call before providing any sort of assistance.*

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app