question

ian123456 avatar image
ian123456 asked mary-community-moderator edited

Video call functionality missing

We have a Glip only account (just the messenger and video call service, no number) and recently our video call functionality has disappeared altogether. The button to start a video call has disappeared from both our desktop apps and web applications.

I noticed certain members being added to the administration without their knowledge.

This issue has happened multiple times, and I found that removing those users from administration would fix the problem for a while, after a few days.

I've sent an email to techsupport@ringcentral.com two days ago and have yet to receive a response. I'm unable to submit a ticket as it requires a phone number that we don't have.
video
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ian123456 commented
Hey Ian, 

It looks like there are quite a few tech cases open under your account, please continue working with our tech support team for a resolution :) 
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ian123456 avatar image ian123456 commented ·
Issue was resolved 2 days ago, but now it's back :(
0 Likes 0 ·
ronald-gomez avatar image
ronald-gomez answered mary-community-moderator commented

@Jessica-Community_Moderator

We have a couple of users who are also experiencing the same issue. The video call icon doesn't show for them. I've had them try it on different computers, on different browsers, and the desktop app. It does show when they use the phone app; however, when they click it they just get a "Cannot initiate video call" message from there.

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @ronald-gomez, please send us the email address list of those users that have this issue. Email us at community.support@ringcentral.com.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app