question

Richard avatar image
Richard asked New Reservation commented

RC app for mobile or desktop doesn't ring

I can make calls on the RC softphone for mobile and desktop but I don't get any ringing when someone calls (in).

I also have a Cisco IP phone SPA525G which works as expected (Probably not relevant). We have switched to remote work so now we need the softphone to receive calls in addition to IP phones. I don't mind if they all ring at once or in sequence. Some of my colleagues are having the same problem and I have been tasked with fixing the issue. Thank you in advance.

ringcentral appphonesoftphone
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

You can open a support case to to get assistance here so the technical issues can investigate what's going on.

1 Like 1 ·
New Reservation avatar image New Reservation commented ·

I have the same problem, I travel a lot and I'm losing business as customers cannot reach me while I travel.

I opened about 30 support cases, but unfortunately, I still have this issue, I don't think Ring central can fix it, every time I open a new case, the agent resolves the case as if it was resolve but it's not.

I don't know what else to do, any suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·
New Reservation avatar image New Reservation commented ·

Hi Richard,

Please tell me how to create a call queue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ New Reservation commented ·

This might help!
https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Create-Call-Queue.html
Let us know how it goes!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Richard avatar image
Richard answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

The fix was 2 fold. The first item sort of resolved a portion of my issue. I used the main phone number to log into the application but I was supposed to use my direct line (phone number) to sign into the softphone. That allowed my softphone app to ring when called. That didn't solve my main issue - I wanted the softphone to ring when the main line was called. The fix for that was to create a call queue. i hope that helps resolve your issue @New Reservation

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for sharing this, @Richard Nadeau! Let us know how it goes, @New Reservation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app