News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RC app for mobile or desktop doesn't ring
Tags: softphone, phone, ringcentral app, ringcentral app
Nov 19, 2020 at 4:19pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Richard

I can make calls on the RC softphone for mobile and desktop but I don't get any ringing when someone calls (in).

I also have a Cisco IP phone SPA525G which works as expected (Probably not relevant). We have switched to remote work so now we need the softphone to receive calls in addition to IP phones. I don't mind if they all ring at once or in sequence. Some of my colleagues are having the same problem and I have been tasked with fixing the issue. Thank you in advance.

on Dec 10, 2020 at 3:26pm   •  0 likes

Hi Richard,

Please tell me how to create a call queue.

on Dec 10, 2020 at 3:27pm   •  0 likes
on Dec 2, 2020 at 8:00am   •  0 likes

I have the same problem, I travel a lot and I'm losing business as customers cannot reach me while I travel.

I opened about 30 support cases, but unfortunately, I still have this issue, I don't think Ring central can fix it, every time I open a new case, the agent resolves the case as if it was resolve but it's not.

I don't know what else to do, any suggestions?

on Nov 20, 2020 at 12:07am   •  1 likes

You can open a support case to to get assistance here so the technical issues can investigate what's going on.

1 Answer
answered on Dec 10, 2020 at 1:38pm  

The fix was 2 fold. The first item sort of resolved a portion of my issue. I used the main phone number to log into the application but I was supposed to use my direct line (phone number) to sign into the softphone. That allowed my softphone app to ring when called. That didn't solve my main issue - I wanted the softphone to ring when the main line was called. The fix for that was to create a call queue. i hope that helps resolve your issue @New Reservation

on Dec 10, 2020 at 1:49pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for sharing this, @Richard Nadeau! Let us know how it goes, @New Reservation.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us