question

Iain Westwood avatar image
Iain Westwood asked mary-community-moderator commented

Access to your Microphone is blocked.

Hello!

We have two users on Windows 11 who receive the following error message when attempting to make or answer calls in the RingCentral App:
Access to your Microphone is blocked. Change your system settings to allow RingCentral to use your microphone.

So far as I can tell, Windows Privacy settings permit the RingCentral App permission to access the microphone, the microphone settings themselves work well with other applications such as Teams without issue and RingCentral also works on the same devices through the Chrome browser.

About information is as follows:

Version: 21.4.30.287 Web, 21.4.30.2575 Windows

Date: 2021-12-16 13:57:51

Show less

Electron: RCE11.4.6

Chromium: 87.0.4280.141

RCV Integration: 21.4.22

RCM Integration: 5.4.55057-1129

Auto-update: Off

Domain: https://app.ringcentral.com

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful.

Cheers!

phone
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

matt-gregory10471 avatar image matt-gregory10471 commented ·

Any progress or resolution? I have a few users with the same sporadic error.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ matt-gregory10471 commented ·

I see that this known issue is still open. Have you created a ticket with Tech Support?

0 Likes 0 ·
devinm avatar image devinm commented ·

Hello - I'm experiencing this issue as well. How can this be resolved? I only need to access the keypad function on the RC app to enter a 4 digit pin, so my Cisco AnyConnect VPN will allow my access to my system(s). A temporary "override the microphone settings" would do the job I believe.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ devinm commented ·

If you haven't already, we would encourage you to open a ticket with Support.

0 Likes 0 ·
howard-scott1959 avatar image howard-scott1959 commented ·

I am also experiencing the same issue. Microphone is not blocked in settings. Have created a ticket but have had no response. Please advise a workaround to get this working.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ howard-scott1959 commented ·

Hi @howard-scott, I will re-submit your ticket so that someone can help you with this.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

Hello @Iain Westwood, this is currently a known issue. Please create a ticket so you will be contacted once it's resolved.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Danyal Khamisi avatar image Danyal Khamisi commented ·

Hi there, we're still experiencing this issue. How can this be resolved?
If it can be a ticket, surely the answer can be posted here as well so admins can use it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kris Ayers avatar image Kris Ayers commented ·

I have a colleague having the same issue. I just opened a ticket. I went through all of her settings and everything looks fine. It just started happening out of the blue she said.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Kris Ayers commented ·

Hello Kris, Thanks for submitting a ticket. Please continue working with Tech Support to fix the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app