question

Joshua Malinsky avatar image
Joshua Malinsky asked john-oliphant answered

Unable To Place Calls From Android App? Area Code Substituted at RingOut!!!

Has anyone noticed this today? My assigned number begins with 437, and all my apps show this (Windows, Website, Android). However, when attempting to place any call from the Android app, my assigned number shows as beginning with 434 which is incorrect, and thus no call can be placed (the app endlessly spins on the "Calling RingOut number" as it cannot "ring out" to a phone number that isn't really mine.

This is pretty much... insane? Anyone else noticing?!?

ringout_1_blur.jpg

ringout_2_blur.jpg

ringcentral appringoutmobile
ringout-1-blur.jpg (48.5 KiB)
ringout-2-blur.jpg (41.5 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joshua Malinsky avatar image
Joshua Malinsky answered mary-community-moderator commented

After un-installing and re-installing the Android app, this seems to have resolved itself, but I would appreciate an explanation before I can recommend your services to the CEO of the multi-million dollar company I represent. I hope someone reaches out with ANY sort of explanation. Are my employees expected to uninstall and re-install software daily? Weekly? What happened????????

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Joshua Malinsky, I completely understand how frustrating this can be. I'm glad to hear that reinstalling the app resolved the issue for you, but regarding your concern about your employees having to uninstall and reinstall software frequently, rest assured that this is not a regular occurrence. We strive to provide a seamless and user-friendly experience for our customers, and our support team is always available to assist with any issues that may arise. Submit a case at https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html.

0 Likes 0 ·
john-oliphant avatar image
john-oliphant answered

FWIW, I've had the RC app on my iPhone for several years w/o problems. We also have several Android users and no trouble there, either. Even the desktop apps have been solid.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app