question

Ryan Jurek avatar image
Ryan Jurek asked Ryan Jurek answered

What does the "Leg" stand for in reference to the "Agent Leg"

I just don't really understand what it means, why not just "Connecting to the Agent" for example?

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ryan-gosling avatar image
ryan-gosling answered

The term is not coined by RingCentral. It's been in the telephony field for ages. Google "call leg" or "agent leg" and look at images. Also look up "call structure"

I am copy pasting some info for you in the context of Contact Center.
Agent Leg = Connects the Contact Center to the correct RingCentral device, so that Contact Center call can be interacted with.
Contact Center = Central point where all customer interactions are managed across various channels, where contacts are not assigned to a specific agent, but rather a skill, which is handled by a team of agents.

By the way I don't have a deep understanding of this, so this is the best I can explain it. Don't think it's that important?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ryan Jurek avatar image
Ryan Jurek answered

Not really, I just had a really weird itch to know what it meant

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app