question

jennie-fager10849 avatar image
jennie-fager10849 asked ·

Where to View Text Messages when Logged in Online

I am logged into my account online & I can't find text messages anywhere. I have both sent & received text messages via RingCentral. I see the "Messages" area where I can listen to voicemail & view incoming faxes. I cannot find text messages anywhere. I can view them in the app, but not while logged in on the website. HELP! Thanks!
aaa
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered ·
Jennie,
You won't find them in the RingCentral Admin/Users web portal. You can see them in the Windows/Mac application called RingCentral Phone (previously called the RingCentral Windows app).

Are you trying to find them in the web portal or the computer application (Windows or Mac)?
2 comments

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

The Mac application doesn't even work on Catalina. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Hello Lucas!

Which application do you have? is it the RingCentral Phone or the RIngCentral Unified App?
0 Likes 0 ·
luc-rumpeltes10851 avatar image
luc-rumpeltes10851 answered ·
Hi Jennie,

You should be able to view your text messages under the "People" on the left side rail of the web app. However, as Jan mentioned, this requires you to be signed into our web application, Glip, specifically. The URL for Glip is app.glip.com. Please let me know if that fixes the problem!

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your request and we can continue to troubleshoot.

Meg Russell avatar image
Meg Russell answered ·
I can't find my text messages anywhere not in the desktop url and not in the glip app. Why does this have to be so complicated???? And why are there different urls or apps, why isn't everything accessible in one place or another. This is a development flaw. I keep getting notified of text messages and have no place to read them!
6 comments

it's unbearably stupid that we can't see texts on the desktop without jumping through hoops
1 Like 1 ·
Hey Meg, that's weird...have you contacted Support about this? 
0 Likes 0 ·
Did this ever get fixed? If so how? We are having the same issue!
0 Likes 0 ·
I'm not getting an answer on this either. Has anyone?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hello Priscilla!

Is your issue not able to view text messages on the app.glip.com?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jeffrey-schoen avatar image
jeffrey-schoen answered ·
I agree with customers Jennie and Meg - we should be able to read text messages while on the RingCentral Admin/Users web portal (same place where we can see the call log and voice messages) and not need Glip or any other app or website. Moreover, the location of text messages should be intuitive - same as it is so easy to find our contacts, the call log and voice messages - so we don't need to view a tutorial every time someone sends a text msg to our main phone number.

joe-garcia avatar image
joe-garcia answered ·
This part of the system is not intuitive in the least.  I have to look at the phone all the time to get texts coming into the office.  Too bad, as the rest of the system seems to be pretty okay to use.  

melissa-fischer avatar image
melissa-fischer answered ·
Not only do we have to go to the app instead of being able to access this info through the portal, but we have to log out of our regular extension and log on to a special extension in order to check the texts.  Very clunky & not user friendly :( 
1 comment

Im having to chat with someone because even after logging into the main number I still cant find it. Very frustrating. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes 0 ·
james-valdes avatar image
james-valdes answered ·
I can see recent text messages under "Direct Messages." However, I cannot see old threads of texts. But if I go to Direct messages and click new message and then click "send text message" and then type in the contact, I can see the thread with that contact. That's a lot of clicking.

17 comments

Hello James!

Due to recent update, the text messages are moved to a different icon. On the lower left panel, you will see one of the icons that says Call, click it then select Text.
1 Like 1 ·
This doesn't appear to work anymore.

0 Likes 0 ·
I was up in arms thinking text messaging was removed from the Ringcentral app. I actually like it being moved to that section. Thank you for the info!
0 Likes 0 ·
Sweet. Thank you Mary Rose.
0 Likes 0 ·
Mary Rose, you wrote "On the lower left panel, you will see one of the icons that says Call, click it then select Text." On the lower left panel of what? Ringcentral has no lower left panel. app.glip.com does have a lower left panel, but of all the icons and stuff, not one of them says Call.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
bello avatar image
bello answered ·
where can i find the text messages either on the web site or on the app.glip??  why is this so complicated?  i see text messages on teh rc phone app

1 comment

Hi Bello,

Apologies, as you see the screenshot above, you need to click the phone icon > text. 

Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
james-valdes avatar image
james-valdes answered ·
In the website ( app.glip.com), on the lower left panel, you will see one of the icons that says Call, click it then select Text.

jason-thompson1 avatar image
jason-thompson1 answered ·
under the admin portal how do you view text messages sent to main company number?  Next how do you send and receive texts via the main company number ... I'm only able to send/receive texts under my user profile or mobile app.
6 comments

Hello Jason!

There is no option to view text messages on the Admin portal. You. have to install RingCentral App to view SMS.

To receive and send SMS from the main company number, your extension must be set as the operator extension on the account. You may check on this link on how to setup your extension as the operator. 

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/How-to-access-the-advanced-call-handling-feature-of-the-auto-receptionist?language=en_US

Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
how do I access text messages on Safari in RC app or glip

0 Likes 0 ·
Hello Wendy,

Look for a tab that says "Phone" on the lower left of your screen. Then go to Texts.
0 Likes 0 ·
I just had my toll free number ported over and before, I was able to see texts to the original account number we had by going to the desktop app and viewing them there but since the port in of our toll free number, I don't see texts coming in via the desktop app.

Any advice?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Rhonda!

For newly ported numbers, SMS will be activated after 72 hours. If still not activated, please create a Support Ticket so that they can check on their system.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces