question

jennie-fager10849 avatar image
jennie-fager10849 asked james-valdes commented

Where to View Text Messages when Logged in Online

I am logged into my account online & I can't find text messages anywhere. I have both sent & received text messages via RingCentral. I see the "Messages" area where I can listen to voicemail & view incoming faxes. I cannot find text messages anywhere. I can view them in the app, but not while logged in on the website. HELP! Thanks!

sms and text messaging
43 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Meg Russell avatar image Meg Russell commented ·
I can't find my text messages anywhere not in the desktop url and not in the glip app. Why does this have to be so complicated???? And why are there different urls or apps, why isn't everything accessible in one place or another. This is a development flaw. I keep getting notified of text messages and have no place to read them!
1 Like 1 ·
deborah-burian avatar image deborah-burian Meg Russell commented ·
it's unbearably stupid that we can't see texts on the desktop without jumping through hoops
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 Meg Russell commented ·
Hey Meg, that's weird...have you contacted Support about this? 
0 Likes 0 ·
ryan-williams12 avatar image ryan-williams12 Meg Russell commented ·
Did this ever get fixed? If so how? We are having the same issue!
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jeffrey-schoen avatar image jeffrey-schoen commented ·
I agree with customers Jennie and Meg - we should be able to read text messages while on the RingCentral Admin/Users web portal (same place where we can see the call log and voice messages) and not need Glip or any other app or website. Moreover, the location of text messages should be intuitive - same as it is so easy to find our contacts, the call log and voice messages - so we don't need to view a tutorial every time someone sends a text msg to our main phone number.

1 Like 1 ·
joe-garcia avatar image joe-garcia commented ·
This part of the system is not intuitive in the least.  I have to look at the phone all the time to get texts coming into the office.  Too bad, as the rest of the system seems to be pretty okay to use.  
1 Like 1 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Jennie,
You won't find them in the RingCentral Admin/Users web portal. You can see them in the Windows/Mac application called RingCentral Phone (previously called the RingCentral Windows app).

Are you trying to find them in the web portal or the computer application (Windows or Mac)?
0 Likes 0 ·
lucas-leigh avatar image lucas-leigh J.B. Ferguson commented ·
The Mac application doesn't even work on Catalina. 
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Hello Lucas!

Which application do you have? is it the RingCentral Phone or the RIngCentral Unified App?
0 Likes 0 ·
luc-rumpeltes10851 avatar image luc-rumpeltes10851 commented ·
Hi Jennie,

You should be able to view your text messages under the "People" on the left side rail of the web app. However, as Jan mentioned, this requires you to be signed into our web application, Glip, specifically. The URL for Glip is app.glip.com. Please let me know if that fixes the problem!

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your request and we can continue to troubleshoot.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app