question

bob-wenzlau393 avatar image
bob-wenzlau393 asked ·

Ring Central Chrome Extension Continuous Ringing Bug

A helpful tip to others that might suffer this - my mac started having  a continuous ringing  - as if malware had affected it.  The culprit ended  up being the RingCentral chrome extension that  once shutdown in the activity monitor, the "ringing" stopped.  

As long as  I am at it -  the plugin maintains an icon the shows on any webpage I might need to print out.  I wish the development team found a better way to present the extension rather than the  side webpage icon.

Both make what should be an innocuous plugin into a plugin that distracts and is bothersome. 
General Topic
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey Bob, that's some strange behavior. Could you contact our Support Team so that they can gather logs and look into it?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tom-durkin13830 avatar image
tom-durkin13830 answered ·
I've experienced the same problem -- really annoying.  Also -- they plugin for scheduling meetings in Gmail Calendar rarely works. 

Jeanette Thomas avatar image
Jeanette Thomas answered ·
We are having the same issue. Any thoughts on what is happening?
1 comment

Hey Jeanette, 

I couldn't find any cases on this. I would open a case with support. 

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app