question

Richard Ryan avatar image
Richard Ryan asked ·

Long delays receiving voicemails via email

On both our main line and individual extensions, when someone leaves a voicemail it is taking about 40 minutes for the email to be sent.  We are using multiple email hosts (Gmail as well as a corporate email server) and all are experiencing the same delay, so the issue is definitely on the RingCentral side.  

Is anyone else experiencing this?  We have requested support on this issue multiple times, but RingCentrlal continues to want to blame our side.  

This delay is unacceptable and is costing us business.  Our stated return call times on a voicemail to our main number is 5 minutes and there is no way for us to meet that right now.
topic-default
10 comments
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Yes, it is a known issue, and my company has been dealing with it for months.  Incredibly frustrating.  
1 Like 1 · ·
Have either of you logged into the RC web portal and confirm that the voice-messages are showing up in there immediately?  This will just confirm whether its the RC notification-email service or the the voice-messaging function that is causing the delays.

We have built our own email notification service that uses the RC API functionality.  We did this originally to provide more customized rules for how / who we send notifications to (including our own archive)  But we also don't rely on the RC email notifications.
1 Like 1 · ·
Good suggestion.  I ran a test.  In the RC web interface, the voicemail appeared immediately, but if I clicked on "View as Text" it said "Not Ready" or something to that effect.  After 8 minutes, I received the email with the transcription and attachment and when I went into the RC web interface "View as text" worked.  

I guess the bottom line is that it is the transcription that is causing the delay.  I guess the logical solution then would be to turn off transcription -- however -- that is not a great solution since it means multiple people will need to open and listen to the attachment -- coming from our main line.

If anyone has a suggestion for a workaround, I would love to hear it.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Where do you find the RC API for voicemails? My boss is asking about building something like this. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 · ·
It happens with my mobile app and RC Phone app on my desktop as well.  I never use the web portal.
0 Likes 0 · ·
I can no longer send meeting invites from via Gmail. Get Gmail server connection email message. This started after app update. All working just fine so not sure why it had to change
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yes I am getting this issue as well.  IS RINGCENTRAL GOING TO RESPOND?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered ·

Hello @Holly Wallace, apologies. I would highly suggest opening a case HERE, and our phone support will investigate it for you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

2 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

We do have a case opened - #11569873. Thank you for checking in with us about this. I saw where someone posted about using the RC API to create their own delivery mechanism for voice messages. Do you know where I can find info about the voicemail API? We have looked for it, but cannot find it. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 · ·

Hi Holly, you will need someone with programming skills to use the RC API. It is found at developer.ringcentral.com and you require a premium or enterprise account to use it.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Richard Ryan avatar image
Richard Ryan answered ·

Interesting that this has an "accepted answer" from the moderator. I posed the question, I did not accept that answer and it is not an answer at all. Of course, we can always ask for help from support on any issue, it does not mean that they will resolve it. I have asked support about this several times and ultimately, the answer was to come to these forums and post a message to try to get the developers to prioritize fixing this.

This is a known issue with the system and one that is not being addressed. For our purposes, we had to disable transcription entirely because the delays are intolerable.

Cote_Business Systems avatar image
Cote_Business Systems answered ·

Hi Richard, I totally agree - I have started seeing this same issue on some other questions, where they are being marked as "accepted answer", but it is just the moderator confirming the question and obviously setting the status. This forum loosing much credibility if the the original person asking the question cannot determine and mark an "accepted answer" themselves. The moderator(s) should only mark this if they fully provide an answer or a reason that an answer will never be available due to the type or content of the original question. (my 2 cents opinion!)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces