question

Richard Ryan avatar image
Richard Ryan asked Becky-Community_Manager edited

Long delays receiving voicemails via email

On both our main line and individual extensions, when someone leaves a voicemail it is taking about 40 minutes for the email to be sent.  We are using multiple email hosts (Gmail as well as a corporate email server) and all are experiencing the same delay, so the issue is definitely on the RingCentral side.  

Is anyone else experiencing this?  We have requested support on this issue multiple times, but RingCentrlal continues to want to blame our side.  

This delay is unacceptable and is costing us business.  Our stated return call times on a voicemail to our main number is 5 minutes and there is no way for us to meet that right now.
voicemail
23 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

eric-hoffman1 avatar image eric-hoffman1 commented ·
Yes, it is a known issue, and my company has been dealing with it for months.  Incredibly frustrating.  
1 Like 1 ·
michel5476 avatar image michel5476 commented ·
Have either of you logged into the RC web portal and confirm that the voice-messages are showing up in there immediately?  This will just confirm whether its the RC notification-email service or the the voice-messaging function that is causing the delays.

We have built our own email notification service that uses the RC API functionality.  We did this originally to provide more customized rules for how / who we send notifications to (including our own archive)  But we also don't rely on the RC email notifications.
1 Like 1 ·
Richard Ryan avatar image Richard Ryan michel5476 commented ·
Good suggestion.  I ran a test.  In the RC web interface, the voicemail appeared immediately, but if I clicked on "View as Text" it said "Not Ready" or something to that effect.  After 8 minutes, I received the email with the transcription and attachment and when I went into the RC web interface "View as text" worked.  

I guess the bottom line is that it is the transcription that is causing the delay.  I guess the logical solution then would be to turn off transcription -- however -- that is not a great solution since it means multiple people will need to open and listen to the attachment -- coming from our main line.

If anyone has a suggestion for a workaround, I would love to hear it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Holly Wallace avatar image Holly Wallace michel5476 commented ·

Where do you find the RC API for voicemails? My boss is asking about building something like this. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
eddie-fesperman avatar image eddie-fesperman commented ·

Once again another non-answer accepted by the moderators. This is such a joke. RingCentral, DO YOUR JOB and fix the problem. This is a long standing issue and needs to be addressed. Asking customers to "open a ticket" isn't acceptable. The support reps seem to have no idea that this is a known issue and are not competent enough to look up the information in your systems. Customers are subjected to a lengthy runaround when they try to open a ticket on the issue because the reps try to deny that the problem exists and use the typical "blame the customer" tactics to try to avoid dealing with upset customers.

1 Like 1 ·
eric-hoffman1 avatar image eric-hoffman1 commented ·
It happens with my mobile app and RC Phone app on my desktop as well.  I never use the web portal.
0 Likes 0 ·
judi-ashley avatar image judi-ashley commented ·
I can no longer send meeting invites from via Gmail. Get Gmail server connection email message. This started after app update. All working just fine so not sure why it had to change
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered

All - Our understanding is that this issue has been resolved.
If you are continuing to experience an issue, please reach out to us directly at Community.Support@RingCentral.com and we will escalate it as an incident for the attention of our teams.

I understand your frustration and ask that you work with the Community team to move this up the chain.

Please include your account information in your email so we can directly tie the issue to your specific account.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app