question

Scott Walker avatar image
Scott Walker asked Anthony Cherry commented

Disable Auto Update New RC App

We have a need to disable auto-update of the RingCentral App (newest version). It appears to auto-update and our desire would be to push those updates out intentionally and in a controlled way for multiple reasons. This would be for the Windows desktop version.

I can't find any articles related to this latest version. Hoping someone has tackled this.

ringcentral app
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anthony Cherry avatar image Anthony Cherry commented ·

We actually want the opposite: we'd like to deploy the .msi, because it's easier to deploy & manage than the .exe is. But, we'd like our users to be prompted when an update is available. This way we can deploy one time and be done.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

Scott Walker avatar image
Scott Walker answered

Support worked with me on this and answered my question. If you go to the specific downloads page at https://support.ringcentral.com/download.html you will find two links where the MSI installer is for the new RingCentral App client. The second link is an MSI with auto-updates turned off.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app