question

Lisa Oubre-Edwards avatar image
Lisa Oubre-Edwards asked mary-community-moderator commented

Text

For some reason, we are received email notifications of transcribed text messages that random vendors/people are texting our direct phone number. I can read the text messages but cannot figure out how to respond back to them. There is a link that says "To reply using the RingCentral app, click here. " however, click here leads me down a rabbit hole with no answers! (I am using a PC to view email and the RC portal.)

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered mary-community-moderator commented

@Lisa Oubre-Edwards To view SMS, you must login to the RingCentral app. Download the app from this link.

Here's also a guide on how to view your SMS once you're in the app.

https://support.ringcentral.com/app/phone/desktop-web/sending-text-message-ringcentral-app-desktop-web.html

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Lisa Oubre-Edwards avatar image Lisa Oubre-Edwards commented ·

Thank you, Mary. I have already downloaded the app to the PC; however, it does not show the text messages that I have actually received in an email form. I am looking for a way to respond to that direct text message in my email.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Lisa Oubre-Edwards commented ·

Your email may have been added to be notified when someone sends an SMS to that number. If that number is the main number, the operator extension is the one that will receive it in the app. If that number belongs to another extension, only that user will receive it in the app. Are you an admin on the account?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lisa Oubre-Edwards avatar image Lisa Oubre-Edwards mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you, it does come in on the main line. I am the account admin.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app