question

rob-macoviak9576 avatar image
rob-macoviak9576 asked Becky-Community_Manager edited

Ring Central Soft Phone-URL Launch

We created an url which opens when we receive a phone call to our Ring Central soft phone. But when we restart the computer the url is missing. We spoke to Ring Central customer service and they explain that is normal. It will not keep the url in the softphone. So our only solution is to re-paste the url everyday in the soft phone.
phone
21 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

rob-macoviak9576 avatar image rob-macoviak9576 commented ·
Thank you again. Reference number of 07594094 
1 Like 1 ·
jared-saeger8485 avatar image jared-saeger8485 commented ·
This is happening to me too. It will work all day long, but the very next day when my sales team comes back to the office the "Execute command" field goes blank. I have a file path with command line arguments in there. I will make sure everyone is up to date and get back.
1 Like 1 ·
atari800xl11757 avatar image atari800xl11757 jared-saeger8485 commented ·
I've had to purge data, uninstall Ring Central, restart computer, reinstall Ring Central multiple times before I got it to stick. And I've done this with a dozen PC's. The purge data then logout & restart has never worked for me.
1 Like 1 ·
jared-saeger8485 avatar image jared-saeger8485 jared-saeger8485 commented ·
We typically have to wait many weeks before they release the .MSI file so we can test it before we roll it out to the entire company. Otherwise, it is all or nothing: All users get prompted for update or no one can update at all, including admins. Another RC fail.
1 Like 1 ·
atari800xl11757 avatar image atari800xl11757 jared-saeger8485 commented ·
Luckily we have not experienced any issues with allowing our users to do the updates. We just have a screen pop executable that queries our management system db, once I've gotten it to stick none of the RC updates have broken it. Stability-wise we've just been lucky so far that an update hasn't been problematic. I would hate to be rolling back all our PC's at the same time thousands of other RC users are doing so, tech support would be non-existent for a period.
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Rob, I'm looking into this.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
bill-geddes11838 avatar image bill-geddes11838 commented ·
I've been looking for this exact thread.
Same behavior here: upon computer restart, the "Execute command:" field is erased and we have to reenter it.
Every day.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

atari800xl11757 avatar image
atari800xl11757 answered rob-macoviak9576 commented
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled On "Launch an external app or a URL on incoming call" allow "Execute command" to .... In the RingCentral Phone application on Windows, there is no option to save the execute command so users have to re-enter it every time the app restarts. This is a nuisance for those of us wanting the execute command to consistently run for our employees.

In Settings->Calls->Incoming, you have the option to turn on "Launch an external app or a URL on incoming call" and then you are able to enter the "Execute command". BUT you're not able to save it. So every morning our users need to enter the "Execute command".

I've seen this issue raised in many different ways here in the community but I wanted to spell it out so that perhaps more people will find this issue and "upvote" it so that it actually gets addressed. This is something that's obvious and is actually detrimental to the existing feature. More of a glitch in the code than a missing feature.
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Please open a case so our Support Team can look into what's going on
0 Likes 0 ·
atari800xl11757 avatar image atari800xl11757 commented ·
How?
0 Likes 0 ·
You can click this button

0 Likes 0 ·
Customer Service was able to fix our problem with the url disappearing. It seems we still had an old version of the softphone and we had to purge our data.  
0 Likes 0 ·
atari800xl11757 avatar image atari800xl11757 commented ·
Here's my case # 07642139 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app