question

Heather Jenkins avatar image
Heather Jenkins asked Welcome answered

Call Queue Members sending queue calls to personal voicemail?

I have a call queue set up for sales calls that rings simultaneously to all our sales people. In the past month, the sales people are able to push the send to voicemail button from their app and the caller goes to their personal voicemail. Thus one sales person would be able to take all the sales leads by sending all the calls to his voicemail instead of letting it ring for another sales person to answer. Is there a way to disable the Send to Voicemail button?

call queuesvoicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Welcome avatar image
Welcome answered

I would try the following:

Admin Portal > Users > Roles > Create a new role

as a starting point select whatever role your sales users currently have (for example Standard(International))

Next you need to select permissions.
From POLICIES remove Voicemail.
From USER SETTINGS remove Voicemail settings.

After you create this new role, you need to apply it to your users. You can use a template to apply it to all sales users simultaneously.

I am not sure if this would remove the voicemail button, it might remove it. But even if the Send to voicemail button remains it would send callers to an Announcement and disconnect, i.e. your users won't be able to abuse it.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app