Skip to main content
Question

Extra device, no response and no resolution.

• 29 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Last month I ordered 3 phones and planned to bring 1 more for a total of 4 lines. 

I received 3 phones, with one missing the power chord. On July 1st, my Account rep told me that I would need to return the one that didn't have a power chord, and she would send me a label. She stated they could not just send me a power chord. I figured out the old phone provider would not allow me to keep the phone I was going to bring so the account rep had me sign and order 2 additional phones. This brings the total phones I have to 5, as I continue to wait for the return label. 

On the 5th I received the 2 new phones and the missing power chord I was told could not be sent. Both T54 phones that came in on the 5th did not have chords. This brought my total phones to 5, with 3 power chords. 

Monday the 15th our new location opened and the phones will be needed, but I was stuck with 1 extra phone, and short 1 power chord. 

On the 17th I received 2 power chords bringing my total to 5 functional phones for my location that only needs 4. 

I reached out again on the 19th, and 26th. I still have no returned label, no credit for the extra device, and no response or update. 

I have added both Service <service@ringcentral.com>, and partners@ringcentral.com to emails asking for help but still have not gotten anywhere. I tried to call in but all they wanted to do was transfer me to my rep that is the one not getting this resolved. 

Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations on how to contact ring central in a way that will get a response and solution? 

@Thomasd  sorry to hear about the trouble you're facing. I'm here to help! Let's take this conversation through private message for more detailed assistance. Thank you!

Update for the community. 

I still have no shipping label for the extra phones that Ring Central required I order. 

I did get a new change order this morning. That phone that I didn’t need they required I order they are charging me $50 to return the device I never needed but they required I order. 

So to recap… 

Ordered 3 phones, missing 1 power cable. Ringcentral refused to send the power cable and required that I order a whole new phone and ship the one missing the power cable back. Ringcentral made me pay for the new phone for $145.74 on June 2nd, but assured me that I would get a shipping label to return the one that was missing the power cable. Today I now have $50 more charged for returning the phone that I did not need but they required I order. 

With no solution, no communication, and only more charges being charged to my card on file does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? 

The only thing I can come up with at this point is to file a dispute with my card issuer. 

Somebody needs to submit an idea for RC to be able to ship power cords as a standalone. (^ - ^)
I hope Mary can help get this sorted out for you.

I finally got the email and contact information for my representatives supervisor. They did get everything resolved and refunded the money for the un-needed systems. 

I’m glad to hear this @Thomasd. If you encounter any other issues, have questions, or simply need further clarification on any matter, please reach out.