Skip to main content
Question

Call monitoring with Ringcentral + Incontact possible?

• 23 August 2024
  • 6 replies

Are the call monitoring api’s available for systems where Ringcentral + Incontact is used as a combined offerring?

Call monitoring API is only for RingEX platform.

Should have been more specific here. Should I assume this will be true for RingEx + Incontact?

Should have been more specific here. Should I assume this will be true for RingEx + Incontact?

I don’t understand what you meant “+ Incontact”.

If you have a RingEX account and you have user(s) and phone number(s) under that account, you can setup call monitoring group and monitor those user calls using the call monitoring API.

Maybe you should consult with your RingCentral account manager about call supervision feature on your account to see if it’s possible at all before looking into the call monitoring API.

Good morning, @kutbuddin .

Call monitoring (Whisper, Barge, Take over), is available on both RingEx (Advanced/Ultra) at no additional cost. And likewise for Incontact.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Monitoring-live-calls-in-the-RingCentral-app.html?brand=RingCentral&product=RingEX&language=en_US 

I will explain the setup. Incontact handles all the call center operations, it depends on RingCentral for managing the audio part of the calls.

we had initiated contact with a Ringcentral account manager and he mentioned RingCentral apis are only for the UC side of the house. Not for the contact center.

Which led to the confusion if RingEx(Professional) was being used to handle the audio telephony with the Incontact contact center solution will the call monitoring api’s work or not.

I will explain the setup. Incontact handles all the call center operations, it depends on RingCentral for managing the audio part of the calls.

we had initiated contact with a Ringcentral account manager and he mentioned RingCentral apis are only for the UC side of the house. Not for the contact center.

Which led to the confusion if RingEx(Professional) was being used to handle the audio telephony with the Incontact contact center solution will the call monitoring api’s work or not.

In that case I am not sure about the settings.

The basic requirements from RingEX side is that both supervisor and the monitored agents need to be under the RingEX side. And the calls must be handled by the telephony server so that we can get the telephony session id and the call party id which is required by the call monitoring API.

I suggest you open a dev support ticket so some one can have a look at the account settings and tell you more.