Skip to main content

Requirement: On a custom object list view I need to display a phone number field as a Ring Central Phone number link.

How can I make a formula field on a custom object that connects the call to ring central. Currently using a formula field set to a phone url link like HYPERLINK("tel:" + Contact__r.Phone, Contact__r.Phone, "_self"). Is there a URL in place of "tel:" that can be used to call RingCental functionality? Is there a url i can use to replace "tel:" that would call ring central functionality. Currently will open as a phone link but now ring central link

What you are looking for is called URI scheme. Here are the 2 options

<a target="_blank" href="rcapp://r/dialer?number=[phonenumber]">Dial this number</a>
<a target="_blank" href="rcapp://r/call?number=[]phonenumber">Call this number</a>

Dialer will launch the dialer with the specified number and wait for the user to dial.

Call will launch the phone pad and start calling the specified number immediately.

I am doing it with a formula field not HTML. I should be able to make use of that link however. Let me know if you have what a formula field would look like