Skip to main content

Hi! 

We have just acquired RingCentral through the Vodafone UC subscription, and we would like to automatically create new users in RingCentral using Entra ID. The users currently do not exist in RingCentral. Additionally, we would like to pass attributes such as extension numbers, as well as the area code and the actual phone number, through Entra ID.

We have already set up SCIM via the Enterprise App according to the documentation.

I have seen that it's possible to create an extension with a softphone, which I have done, and provisioning via the Entra Enterprise App worked on-demand. However, my goal is to avoid manually creating extensions beforehand and then having to reassign phone numbers or extensions afterward.

What is the best approach to fully automate this process?

Thanks! 

To be able to use the SCIM API to create a new user, first you need to have “unassigned” user licenses in your account. This process can only be done manually by purchasing RingEx license with device/phone number and add a new user to your account.

When using the SCIM API to create a new user, you cannot select the device/phone number for that user, the system will pick an unassigned user from your account (the system will check the provided user address and pick the best unassigned user based on area code of the phone number).

You can add extra user info by using the update extension API after the user is created.