question

nick123 avatar image
nick123 asked jessica-community-moderator commented

Meeting ID invalid on MacBook.

Meeting ID invalid. I'm not a registered user, I'm trying to view a presenter's RC meeting but when using my MacBook it says the meeting ID is invalid and my only option is to Leave. The same Meeting ID works on my ringcentral meetings app on my iPhone. I have the most recent version of RC downloaded and the most recent iOS. Please help.
meetings
17 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Nick, 

Are you getting any sort of error number? Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of the error you are receiving? Thanks! 
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Have you ever used Zoom Meetings instead of RC Meetings? If you have both Zoom and RC Meetings on your computer, that can cause errors.

If you have ever used Zoom on your computer, try this: Remove RC Meetings, then go into ~/Library/Preferences and look for ZoomChat.plist. Delete that file. Make sure the trash is empty then redownload and install RC Meetings from this link: http://dn.ringcentral.com/data/web/download/RCMeetings/1210/RCMeetingsClientSetup.pkg
1 Like 1 ·
nick123 avatar image nick123 jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
No error message, just the screenshot I posted below
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Can you confirm if you're using a link to launch RC Meetings or are you manually typing in the number?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David avatar image David commented ·

Hi all, having the same issue on our end. The above steps haven't been effective. Any advice?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app