question

nick123 avatar image
nick123 asked ·

Meeting ID invalid on MacBook.

Meeting ID invalid. I'm not a registered user, I'm trying to view a presenter's RC meeting but when using my MacBook it says the meeting ID is invalid and my only option is to Leave. The same Meeting ID works on my ringcentral meetings app on my iPhone. I have the most recent version of RC downloaded and the most recent iOS. Please help.
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ·
Hi Nick, 

Are you getting any sort of error number? Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of the error you are receiving? Thanks! 
15 comments

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Have you ever used Zoom Meetings instead of RC Meetings? If you have both Zoom and RC Meetings on your computer, that can cause errors.

If you have ever used Zoom on your computer, try this: Remove RC Meetings, then go into ~/Library/Preferences and look for ZoomChat.plist. Delete that file. Make sure the trash is empty then redownload and install RC Meetings from this link: http://dn.ringcentral.com/data/web/download/RCMeetings/1210/RCMeetingsClientSetup.pkg
1 Like 1 ·
No error message, just the screenshot I posted below
0 Likes 0 ·
Can you confirm if you're using a link to launch RC Meetings or are you manually typing in the number?
0 Likes 0 ·
I've done both but neither work.  Side note, I had been using RC meetings for a year prior to having these problems.
0 Likes 0 ·
We've had a couple reported issues with Macs and RC Meetings lately, but they have different error messages than the one you are receiving. Are you able to join any meetings via your Mac? Is it one specific ID that is giving you this issue? 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David avatar image
David answered ·

Hi all, having the same issue on our end. The above steps haven't been effective. Any advice?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app