Skip to main content

You can no longer navigate forward and backward words with Option + Left or Right because RC has changed this to be used for non-disableable app navigation shortcuts. I cannot express how frustrating this is as someone who uses these hotkeys constantly and has never experienced an app that overrode those keys when focused on a text box. This should be reverted or given an enable/disable option immediately.

This also violates Apple's Human Interface Guidelines which states
"Use the Option key as a modifier sparingly."
"Avoid creating a new shortcut by adding a modifier to an existing unrelated shortcut."

Related post: https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/105884/optionarrow-keyboard-shortcut-on-mac-overrides-nat.html

@Parker Johnson

I received an update on RC App. My version is now 22.1.21.349 Web, 22.1.20.2759 Mac (Intel) and this issue is resolved. I can use Option + left arrow/right arrow using OSX natural behavior.

It seems that RC removed a bunch of keyboard shortcuts they had to fix this issue urgently. I now only see 2 keyboard shortcuts for app navigation; previously there were a bunch more. That's OK with me.

1645722490577.png