Skip to main content

I signed up for Ringcentral to utilize this as an all in one solution for a new business. Now I am being told I can't text customers as I would with a standard cell phone without obtaining consent.

So the scenario that I am speaking with my customer and I decide to text them something afterwords is not acceptable according to the TCR.

Ive wasted a few months waiting for SMS usage only to be met with this. Pretty frustrating that this money has been wasted.

@J M Happy to assist with any questions you have.
Please message here or via our inbox at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

I've used ring central for years and this is also a serious frustration for me. Especially ridiculous when someone gives me their number and asks me to text them, like my neighbors, etc! I know they didn't create the legislation, but it appears there was no one lobbying for us little guys when this all went through.

Are we suppose to register a campaign if our team use RingCentral to communicate with our clients for some updates?

We are also using this to contact other businesses to inquire of their service or request for a quote. How are they suppose to message me first if I am the one who is inquiring?

I also submitted the samples of the SMS that we sent and my registration for the campaign is unsuccessful (reasons are below). I just do not know how to go about this anymore.

• Campaign Attributes do not match website and/or sample message content.
  • Inconsistency between website, brand name, and/or sample messages or inconsistent sample messages

Three weeks still Pending. I have been paying for Ring Central for going on 4 months and can't utilize it as my business contact number because if my customer texts me I will not receive it. I recognize it is not RC's fault but this is really a disastrous situation that honestly is just going to push people to utilizing standard cell phone plans. Unless they obviously need the campaign function which many of us do not.