Skip to main content
Question

TCR Registration Escalation, Support, and Guidance

• 12 September 2024
  • 14 replies

Who do I escalate my TCR registration (re)submission to?   The chatBot does not seem to be armed with any useful information.   

We have resubmitted for maybe 4th time.   Is it better to delete and start over with new submission, or is our latest submission going to be reviewed?  Is there an SLA to review?  Prior rejections came wiethin 2 days.  This round has been crickets for about 8 business days.

I’m sure I am not the first to talk about the importance of text for business.   Sure, requirements are heightened to root out spam, and enforce more privacy policies, but we could all use some more guidance on how to pass this test.   

I take mobile numbers from a web form.   That seem to be my problem, where I can’t meet the requirements, and there is no guidance for what passes as sufficient notice to the www submitter.   

I have reviewed the best practices guide here  TCR SMS - Customer Best Practices.   Nice prezo.   I can’t find where I would be out of compliance though.   

OUR HISTORY - Prior batches of errors… for 6 submissions so far.   We are on our 7th submission as of September 4, 2024.  Our Privacy Policy …  Probate, Estate Plan, Elder, Personal Injury and Legacy Law (peepllaw.com)

Rejection 1 

• Tax id does not match with the company name or business type.

Rejection 2

• Opt-In language required on website if its intake form is used to collect phone numbers
  • Insufficient detail provided for Consent section when opt-in consent occurs outside of website
  • Opt-Out language missing from sample messages
  • Compliant privacy policy is required on website.
  • Opt-In language on website needs to be specific to SMS and not included with other forms of communication (voice, email, etc.).
  • SMS Opt-in Box may not be prechecked or mandatory

Rejection 3

• Opt-In language required on website if its intake form is used to collect phone numbers
  • Opt-Out language missing from sample messages

Rejection 4

Rejection 5

• Insufficient detail provided for Consent section when opt-in consent occurs outside of website
  • SMS Opt-in Box may not be prechecked or mandatory

Rejection 6

Who do I escalate my TCR registration (re)submission to?   The chatBot does not seem to be armed with any useful information.   

We have resubmitted for maybe 4th time.   Is it better to delete and start over with new submission, or is our latest submission going to be reviewed?  Is there an SLA to review?  Prior rejections came wiethin 2 days.  This round has been crickets for about 8 business days.

I’m sure I am not the first to talk about the importance of text for business.   Sure, requirements are heightened to root out spam, and enforce more privacy policies, but we could all use some more guidance on how to pass this test.   

I take mobile numbers from a web form.   That seem to be my problem, where I can’t meet the requirements, and there is no guidance for what passes as sufficient notice to the www submitter.   

We can help! Will you DM myself or @Mary-Community_Moderator with your business name and we’ll get someone to reach out to you!

Not sure what happened, but we got it done. 

Sometime Friday afternoon, I figured out that it had been turned on  

Funny that we get notifications about being rejected, but don’t get notifications when we get approved

Now that’s working, off to the next challenge

@mcbPEEPL Great to hear!
Please circle back if we can help with anything else!

What does “Compliant privacy policy is required on website” mean?

Compliant privacy policy is required on website - Well, now that we have been accepted into the TCR program, I guess ours is compliant.   

See here…  PEEPL Law, PLLC

I found useful guidance here…  TCR SMS - Customer Best Practices   

These sources should be applied to your own circumstances.   

Compliant privacy policy is required on website - Well, now that we have been accepted into the TCR program, I guess ours is compliant.   

See here…  PEEPL Law, PLLC

I found useful guidance here…  TCR SMS - Customer Best Practices   

These sources should be applied to your own circumstances.   

Thanks for sharing this @mcbPEEPL 😉

Hi All and Becky! 

Becky...we really need your help with 10DLC also.  Just DM’s you! Here's the background story:

1. Kris Heichel's RingCentrall account and number ###-###-#### has been with Ring Central (along with some 12 other numbers) for many years.
  2. Since Kri’s acct/numbers have been with RingCentral and using SMS for many years, they were Grandfathered in regarding 10DLC for use within RingCentral
  3. Kri's got iJungo (Salesforce platform) and we wanted to use Ring Central SMS in iJungo.com (Salesforce) for texting we were then required to get 10DLC approval for SMS use inside Jungo.
  4. We repeatedly tried to get 10DLC done through RingCentral only to be denied each time and each RingCentral Customer Service Rep, I spoke with, gave me a different reason why approval was denied. However, I did make the changes they suggested.
  5. RingCentral SMS software did not work well in Jungo and we never got 10DLC approval. Thus we went a different route with JungoSMS using SignalMash instead of RingCentral
  6. We received 10DLC approved with SignalMash (in two weeks!)
  7. The SMS portion of Kris' number was moved to SignalMash for one week
  8. After one week, we had SignalMash release the SMS portion of that number to bring it back to RingCentral.
  9. I called and spoke to RingCentral CS Rep, Kate Ruga, who told me she saw Kris SMS as active in RingCentral. I sent an SMS to Kris and it worked. Kate also emailed me about this.
  10. Kris SMS in RingCentral stopped working a day or two later.
  11. Ring Central CS Rep Kate sent me an email stating we had now had to get 10DLC approval for Kris' number to come back to Ring Central for SMS use within RingCentral.
  12. Kate also gave me the contact info for our new account Manager: Name: Dan Haug, Email Address: dan.haug@ringcentral.com. I emailed him and the email bounced back.
  13. I went in to look at our previous 10DLC approval attempts and see a message that it was denied gain (4th time) because "SMS Opt-in Box may not be prechecked or mandatory. However, our SMS Opt in is not prechecked or is it mandatory.
  14. I've emailed Kate twice yesterday and have not heard back from anyone.

Kri’s SMS has been down for five days and this issue is badly interfering with her business!  Texting is KEY in the mortgage industry!   Need this fixed right away please!

@BeckyH and @Mary-Community_Moderator 

Hi @JulieMaloney I'm sorry to hear about this situation. I'll reach out to Kate Ruga and her manager to assist you if she's unavailable. We'll ensure that this matter is resolved promptly.

Thank you Mary!  I called RC CS again, after I posted, this and they now say that Kathy McKeon is our Acct Manager now.  I’ve called her twice and emailed but no reply yet.

@Mary-Community_Moderator we got another email that says we need complete 10DLC.  However, this account and number is grandfathered in for SMS use in RingCentral.   We should not need 10DLC approval for our  numbers

Thank you Mary!  I called RC CS again, after I posted, this and they now say that Kathy McKeon is our Acct Manager now.  I’ve called her twice and emailed but no reply yet.

Yes, I see that your Account Manager is different. I am still in contact with the Support Team regarding this. Thank you so much for your patience.