question

Benny Dadon avatar image
Benny Dadon asked Benny Dadon commented

Send SMS from User Phone number and extension not only Main company number and extension.

I'm trying to integrate RingCentral API in C# for sending SMS or MMS. So I read documentation according to the documentation I create an APP in the console. APP security type is password base. I send SMS by using username, extension, and password. SMS send successfully. Now I create other users from the admin panel of RingCentral then every user has their phone number and extension so if any user login from my C# web app and tries to send SMS from his number and extension then an error is shown.

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

I found a solution that says bootstrap your APP set a static password for all extensions.

So how bootstrap APP?

sending smsget token
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Benny Dadon commented

You cannot do that with password flow authentication. In your case, you have to implement 3-legged authentication so that each user can login your app with their own credentials (username and password), which will then allow them to send SMS from their own number.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Benny Dadon avatar image Benny Dadon commented ·

We have our CRM which is developed in asp.net core. Now we want to integrate RingCentral with our CRM so all users of RingCentral can send or receive SMS, MMS, and Fax from CRM.
So in the start, I create an app in the console which only allowed to send SMS from the main company number, not from all user's numbers.
After this, I create a 3 legged authorization app so every user can easily get tokens.

1638353743208.png

1638353579410.png

1638353633603.png

That's a new App that I create so every user can send SMS and other operations. So I face an error when I log in from the primary contact email then the token is generated otherwise error show Sorry, we don't recognize your email address.

1638353916995.png

Even this email is registered for one user.

1638354028604.pngIf I open user detail then invozeal@gmail is shown under the email section.

1638354129417.png

If I try to log in from the contact person's phone number then shows the password is not correct even I update the password but can't log in.

So how my all user list can be login and send SMS from their phone number??

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Benny Dadon commented ·

This is a complete different issue. I see you created a new thread so let's look at the problem in that thread.

Do not change the question/topic which is not described in the original question to keep the question/answer clean.

0 Likes 0 ·
Benny Dadon avatar image Benny Dadon Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Oky thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys