question

Dennis Chapin avatar image
Dennis Chapin asked Mike Stowe answered

Looking for better control of text and voicemails?

I am looking for the ability to assign my Incoming/Outgoing SMS and received voicemails into tasks or projects. The RingCentral APP doesn't seem to have the ability to move SMS or voicemails to Tasks. I don't want to delete all my SMS or voicemails as they are helpful for project lifetime and history. But weeding through the listing is difficult and time consuming when looking for reference or follow-ups. Need to either export everything into something new, link to something or find it in the app. Thanks.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike Stowe avatar image
Mike Stowe answered

Hi Dennis,
When you say convert voicemails into tasks, do you mean Team Messaging Tasks or tasks on a third party system? With the API you should be able to receive a webhook notification on these events that you can then use to create a task (either with the Team Messaging API or with a third party service API).

For attachments, you should be able to pull the data from the webhook or get the recording to then store either as an attachment (again depending on where you want the task to live).

Here is more on our webhooks and creating tasks via the API.

Hope this helps,
Mike

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys