question

Ashley Gruver avatar image
Ashley Gruver asked mary-community-moderator answered

Merge Two Extensions?

Hi, my new position includes the responsibility for accounting (111) and front desk (119). Is there any way I can merge the two extensions so they can both call me through my landline/desktop/cell phone?

call routing
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Ashley Gruver are these Call Queue extensions or user extensions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ashley Gruver avatar image Ashley Gruver mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

User extensions, thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry, this is a bit confusing to me. Can you provide an example of what you would like to be the behavior?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ashley Gruver avatar image Ashley Gruver mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, say someone calls and hits extension 111. It would go to my phone. Then say someone else calls and hits extension 119. Can that also go to my phone?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, it's possible. You can set up both extension call forwarding settings to go to your extension. Check the KB Article below on how to do it.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Forwarding-calls-external-number.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image
Joe Cache answered

Mary's way is one way, another would be to make the second extension a SIP connection and then add that SIP in your phone (depending on the model - it would be under the phones GUI under Account)

We have several phones that have multiple lines running to them - all using whichever way works for that model. (we have both Yealink and Polycom)

You can also do a 'Presence' on the User Extension and check the options to allow for the call to be picked up. (sure there's a KB for that)

Hope that helps - I can add screen snips if needed.

Have fun,

- Joe

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app