question

Amanda Gyalog avatar image
Amanda Gyalog asked Phong Vu answered

Switching from deskphones to RingCentral phone app

Today we switched from our old desk phones to the RingCentral application for incoming and outgoing calls. Outgoing calls works just fine, but nothing is ringing for incoming calls. All our incoming calls are going unanswered. After the call disconnects, we get an alert that we missed a call. All settings are correct for display incoming call (turned on).

When I check the status of each user phone, they are all with a red x, and states offline. I did notice one employee had his computer verified and his works fine, but I don't know where to go to verify computer.

I have been on hold with customer support for over 2 hours with no answer.

phonesettingsexpress setup
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Please try again. This sounds like an impact from the partial outage yesterday and this morning.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys