question

Katie Saraiva avatar image
Katie Saraiva asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Fax cover page

when sending a fax-how do you enter in all the info on the cover page (name, what fax is pertaining to, etc)?
I know similar questions have been asked but it has been over a year, so I thought the answer may be different.

fax
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

In the RingCentral app, there's no option to customize the cover page yet. It's best to add it first in your Personal contacts so that when you enable Cover Page, it will automatically fill out information such as Name, To, and From. Then you can type other details in "Cover page notes.

0 Likes 0 ·
MaryBeth (MB) VanTill avatar image MaryBeth (MB) VanTill mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

When I send a fax to a contact, the "TO" information does not populate. Any suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ MaryBeth (MB) VanTill commented ·

Hi @MaryBeth (MB) VanTill, there is now an option to create a custom cover page in the RingCentral app. You can check the KB article link below.
https://support.ringcentral.com/article/creating-custom-fax-cover-page.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

With RC desktop phone app you can customize cover page

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Fax-Create-a-Custom-Fax-Cover-Page-RingCentral-Phone.html

You can put cover page name, details, description, name, address, company name, contact etc

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Richard Williams avatar image
Richard Williams answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

For those with the new RC desktop app with no fax cover page editor...

I would create a MS Word or other text file with the cover page you desire, add this to the file you would like to fax or attach it as one of the files to be faxed (attach the cover page file first!) and then use RC to send the fax with NONE as the choice for cover page. This is what I do....

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for sharing this, @Richard Williams

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app