question

Chandini Paterson avatar image
Chandini Paterson asked Chandini Paterson commented

Not receiving any calls

Hi,

New to RingCentral. I am trying to create the app in the Getting Started link RingOut Quick Start (ringcentral.com) . Running the 'node ringout.js' gives me the following output in my Windows console window:

Call placed. Call status: InProgress

However I am not receiving any calls. I have tried setting the 'from' and the 'to' to mobile numbers I have access to. But nothing seems to happen, I do not hear any calls going out/in. What am I doing wrong?

I have tried in both JavaScript as well as C#. Both have the status as InProgress, but no calls

Thanks

getting started
9 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Is this in your sandbox account? Can you make direct call to those phones? Do they ring and you can accept the call?

0 Likes 0 ·
Chandini Paterson avatar image Chandini Paterson Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, yes this is using my sandbox environment. The From I have set to the Account phone number in the sandbox. And the To is my mobile number, which can accept calls. But nothing seems to happen. The call is stuck in the 'In Progress' state.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chandini Paterson avatar image Chandini Paterson Chandini Paterson commented ·

Could this be because the sandbox is a US number and my mobile is UK based?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Chandini Paterson commented

I added a user "User 2 Test" and 2 phone numbers to your sandbox account. Can you check your email (same email as the 101 extension +123@@eqtr.com) and activate the second user. You can login the RC app with the 2 users on different browsers and try making test RingOut calls.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chandini Paterson avatar image Chandini Paterson commented ·

Thanks Phong Vu. I have now managed to get the code running and can see the call come up on the app. Thank you so much for your help in this.

How would I take this further? The idea is to have a 'call me' option on a website and have the customer click on it and be able to speak to the team. I can get the call, but don't know how to get the caller to be able to speak. Is there a guide/document on this you can send me please?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Chandini Paterson commented ·

Do you really want the caller to use your number to make a call to your other number via a 'call me' button? Kind an internal call? That is not a good option.

I assume that everyone would have their mobile phone and their own number. And instead of you providing your company phone number on your website so the user can dial the number, you would ask the user to enter their phone number on your webpage, your website frontend will send the user phone number to the backend where you use that phone number to make a ring-out call with the "from" is your company number, and the "to" is the user phone number. This way, the user will get a call on their own mobile phone and your agent will get a call on a RingCentral phone or any phone that the "from" number is associated with.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys