question

Ken Nguyen avatar image
Ken Nguyen asked Ken Nguyen answered

Setup Multiple Digital Lines or Extensions on One Phone

I have a Yealink T42S phone and it's currently registered as a Share Line. If someone calls the main number, all the phones that are registered in the Share Line will ring. I believe the Yealink phone can provision multiple SIPs. Is it possible to set up a second extension or a digital line using one of the available buttons on the phone?

Just to be clear, the second extension number I have is currently set up as a softphone using RingCentral App. I want 1 button for the main shared line and the second button for a personal extension.

extensiondigital lines
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Ken, this setup is not possible. Only one device can be set up on one Digital Line.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ken Nguyen avatar image Ken Nguyen mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

That's not true. What you're saying is a typical receptionist or an executive admin would have 5 phones on their desk if they have 5 lines that they're answering? This feature is quite common and can be done.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Ken Nguyen avatar image
Ken Nguyen answered

To do this we need to manually provision the phone.

1. Go to the Admin Web > Phone System > Phones & Devices > User Phones
  2. Choose the user and under Actions, click on the 3 vertical dots.
  3. Select Set Up and Provision
  4. Under select Device, choose Set up manually using SIP
  5. Select No for TLS unless your phone supports it and choose your Outbound Proxy Region closet to you
  6. Note all the details
  7. Next, follow this link to enter all the details in step 6 into the web interface of the Yealink Phone (https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Manual-provisioning-Yealink-phones.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingCentral_MVP&language=en_US). Be sure to configure it on the right account. In my case, Account #1 is the main line and Account #2 is the second line
  8. Navigate to the Codec section on the left menu under the Account Tab. Make sure the "Enable Codecs" for Account #2 matches the main line in Account #1 and hit Confirm.
  9. Go to the DDS Key Tab of the Phone Web UI and select the following:
    1. Type: Line
    2. Value: Default
    3. Label: Whatever name you want to show up on the phone screen next to the button
    4. Line: Line 2
    5. Save/Confirm
  10. Reboot the phone and it should now show registered in both the Admin Web and the Phone Web UI.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app