question

brian-garibaldi511 avatar image
brian-garibaldi511 asked J.B. Ferguson commented

User Notifications: Can't setup notification to SMS tmobile?

In the notifications area, you can set the service up so it notifies you via SMS if you have a message. It asks you to put your phone number in and list the carrier. Tmobile is not listed, though they are a major carrier, how can we get this to work?

sms and text messagingnotifications
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim avatar image
kim answered
Brian - where your numbers recently ported in?  If so, it could take 7-14 days. 

If the numbers are not newly ported and you have isolated it to T-Mobile, please open a web case and support will contact t-mobile and resolve the issue. Put in your case that is specific to T-mobile and provide a few samples (date, time, texted number to, texted number from)

Kim 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

brian-garibaldi511 avatar image
brian-garibaldi511 answered J.B. Ferguson commented
Well, you can't even put in a number and assign it to Tmobile. In the dropdown there is AT&T, Sprint, etc. all the major carrier, but Tmobile is not on the list. I'm not sure what this has to do with the number being ported over.
5 comments
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Brian,

You don't have to worry about selecting one from the drop down. Every provider has a special domain name they use for their text messages from email. I'm sure TMobile is the same.

I have Verizon and when I put my phone number in (without dashes) and click on "Verizon" it adds the " vtext.com" to my number (i.e., 9995551212@vtext.com"). In your case just add the carrier domain AFTER the phone number (as I've shown above), then click "Add".
1 Like 1 ·
No...You will put the phone number WITH the carrier domain (i.e., 5551234567@tmomail.net) in the Phone Number field....NOT in the email address field.  Then "Add" the number.

Those of us who have a carrier listed automatically have the domain name added. You have to do it manually in the Phone Number field, along with the number.

Note the example (fictitious) below...

If you notice the Information "i" next to "My carrier is not listed", hold your mouse over it and it will give you the "information" on how to do it. See below:

1 Like 1 ·
kim avatar image kim commented ·
Where are you seeing that? What setting? Are you trying to setup notification SMS? I thought you were just trying to SMS a T-mobile number for the desktop app/smartphone app from your ext.

Can you attach a screenshot?  
If it has personal information (phone numbers, etc) just e-mail the screenshot to community.support@ringcentral.com and reference this topic? 
0 Likes 0 ·
brian-garibaldi511 avatar image brian-garibaldi511 commented ·

0 Likes 0 ·
brian-garibaldi511 avatar image brian-garibaldi511 commented ·
OK, so I have to use the e-mail field. That means I can't use an e-mail and an SMS notification...
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered J.B. Ferguson commented
Use email to SMS gateway provided by t-mobile:  https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-3309

5105551212@tmoemail.net for example.
1 comment
1 |3000

Just to clarify...it's " tmomail.net", not tmoemail.net. You probably just typo'd it.
1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app