News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
RC Desktop App: Scaling Issues
Tags: ringcentral app
Feb 6, 2018 at 6:06am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
nate-desautels

1. Account type: US

2. Please see the case for screenshots - The case number is: 06753416

3. The Desktop application for RingCentral has issues with Windows 10 scaling.

For some reason, the title bar cuts off the top row and forces me to click lower than the buttons are. It's incredibly difficult to open up my user settings because it's not even displayed.

The laptops we use have high density monitors on them, so we have to scale from native 3200x1800 down to 1920x1080. Once that's done, Win10 turns on some funky scaling percentage setting that impacts application and font size. (This is most likely impacting the app - it messes with the title bars)

4. A solution to Windows 10 scaling setting impacting the UI

5. I have reinstalled the application several times to no result. When I reimaged my laptop, it was fixed for a day, then went back to having the issue.

6. I'm currently on 9.3.4, but this happened with the previous versions as well

7. N/A

8. This is impacting any users on Windows 10 in our company - roughly 50% of those users have this issue. Since we're moving to USB headsets soon, this is going to be fairly urgent.

3 Answers
answered on Feb 6, 2018 at 7:12am  
The update fixed the issue! - I'll get this sent out to everyone. Thanks for the help.

answered on Feb 6, 2018 at 7:12am  
I had scaling issues that caused the notification pop up to disappear off the monitors. Try creating a text file, rename it config.ini -- and type one of the three lines in it (try one at a time): QtRenderMode=Angle, QtRenderMode=OpenGL, QtRenderMode=Software. Put this file in the install folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\RingCentral\SoftPhoneApp. The QtRenderMode=OpenGL is the one that worked for me.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 8:28pm  
Hey Nate, can you upgrade to the 9.4 version and let me know if you still have issues? 
https://www.ringcentral.com/office/features/desktop-apps/overview.html

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us