News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Disable auto purchase
Tags: billing
May 26, 2018 at 11:57pm   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
chris-chan

How do you disable auto-purchase?

We never want people to be able to make 411 or international calls (or other tolled calls) from our phones, so we never need call credits.

We've just been charge $20 for a 0 second 411 call that someone dialled on our phone.

3 Answers
answered on Nov 25, 2019 at 8:32am  
I have had a UK 0800 Ringcentral number for 11 years and was just today charged 10+VAT for a 'Auto-Purchase Calling Credit Package' which I did not agree to or sign up for. An agent from Ringcentral explained that it was because I had tried to make a call that was out of my calling package. I explained that this must be a recent change (in order to generate more revenue for Ringcentral I would imagine) because before today, if I tried to make a call that was not in my calling package it simply would not connect. As I type, the agent, at my request, says "the auto-purchase feature is being disabled" something that I can not change in my account online (how convenient). The agent also said that my 10+VAT is being refunded and that I "can keep the existing credit on my account" as a gesture of good will I would imagine. I now just have to hope that the refund and the auto-purchase cancellation will actually happen. I find it quite unacceptable how companies seem to be finding ways to add an auto-purchase / auto-renew features to accounts without customers direct permission, even if they change their terms and conditions and in the process do not feel obliged to explain this major 'update' which they brand as a "convenience" rather than call it what it is - gross negligence / theft as far as I'm concerned!

answered on May 27, 2018 at 6:13am  
Keep in mind, you can block international calling by several means on your account as well as through roles. 

answered on May 29, 2018 at 7:52am  
Hey Chris,

There is no way to disable auto-purchasing - one of the reasons being that running out of calling credits will affect your services.

Danno is right, you can completely Disable International Calling for your account in order to avoid this. However, if you need some people to be able to dial internationally but others don't, you can either assign those users with the Standard Role or you could create a Custom Role

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us