question

messer avatar image
messer asked jessica-community-moderator commented

extensions without device, no email available

I am trying to add extensions without an actual phone. I get stuck because these extensions require an e-mail address which is not available either. Any thoughts?

extension
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey MESSER, could you provide more details about what the purpose of this extension is? 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

messer avatar image
messer answered
We are a trucking company.  We have many drivers that have cell phones but no good access to or a reason to have a company e-mail address.  We used to be able to add an extension for example truck 258 would have the extension 10258 and I would put in my e-mail address.  Now the e-mail address needs to be unique.  It is much easier to remember truck 258 as 10258 rather than having to look up his cell number.  
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hi MESSER, thanks for the explanation. Right now our Product Team is actually working towards remedying the Unique Email issue, you can receive updates on this thread.

As a quick workaround, you could always use their own personal email (just for the time being) and then once we've changed this policy, you can go back into their extensions and update the email to be your own.
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
Another idea would be make a free gmail account for this purpose.  With a single account you can create as many email aliases as you want.  If you have trucking@gmail.com you can use trucking+10258@gmail.com, trucking+10213@gmail.com, etc. and all the emails will go to that single inbox.

1 |3000

messer avatar image
messer answered
The extension would be attached to his cell phone number.
1 |3000

Jorge Fausto avatar image
Jorge Fausto answered jessica-community-moderator commented

Did this ever get resolved, updated?

1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

This has been resolved.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app